MINUTES OF THE WATER COMMISSIONERS

Monday November 12, 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.

Town Clerk’s Office

 

Members Present: Brooks Sturtevant, Marshall Ploof and Sara Rainville, secretary.

 

Guests: Dave Bennion, Yvon Dandurand & Peter Magnant, Selectboard members, Jes Alexant

 

Meeting called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Marshall Ploof. Pledge of allegiance was recited.

 

Agenda Amendments:

None.

 

Public Comments:

Jes Alexant stated that he is willing to consult for the Water District until the upgrade project is completed. He could also assist with the source protection plan and finding an alternative water source for the Town.  Brooks/Marshall made the motion to approve Jes consulting for the Water District on an as needed basis; vote taken, all in favor, motion passed. Members would like Jes to continue to receive emails regarding the water district.

 

Approve Minutes:

Brooks/Marshall made the motion to approve the October 8, 2018 minutes; vote taken, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Treasurer’s Report:

Sara presented the water commissioners with a trial balance report for FY19; checking account balance $49,064.63.

 

A warrant with supporting invoices totaling $2,014.96 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

A warrant with supporting invoices totaling $738.66 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

A warrant with supporting invoices totaling $360.50 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

Sara stated that there are still 3 outstanding accounts from the July 1, 2018 billing to users. One account is due to be shut off, one account has set up a payment plan and one account is already shut off.

 

Sara noted that FY20 budget prep is under way. Sara will work on a draft water budget for next month’s water meeting and consult with Jes on the cost for the upgrade project. Brooks will get loan rates and terms for the project.

 

Marshall/Brooks made the motion to approve the treasurer’s report, vote taken, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Water Sampling & Repairs:

Marshall stated that he and Jeremy Barnum have completed all necessary samples for the year except the regular December coliform sample. Jeremy has the coliform sampling map from Marshall for future test sample collections.

 

The Lead and Copper Plan is due to the State of Vermont. The members reviewed sample collection sites; Brooks will complete and Sara will submit to the appropriate State division.

 

Sara will continue to keep the log book for when work is done, Jeremy can report it to her at the Town Clerk’s Office.

 

A bill needs to be sent to Larry & Kari Tatro for water line work repairs done in October 2018. Sara will send a bill for 30’ copper tubing and their portion of the Gendren bill.

 

Jes stated a report needs to be sent to the State of Vermont on how much water was hauled in during the drought and the dates and the latest coliform sample results. Jes will get Sara the contact info for the person at the State it should be sent to.

 

Source Protection Plan:

Jes is still working on a more thorough draft. Test wells were discussed.

 

Brooks will work on the Water District’s report for the upcoming Town report; he will include wording on the board search for an alternate Town water source as well as the board’s progress on updating the source protection plan.

 

O & M Manual:

Jes brought a draft to the meeting for review. All members will review and make changes as needed before submitting to the State. Jeremy and Sara will review final copy with Marshall.

 

Water System Project Update:

Jes will email John Kiernan at Otter Creek on the water board’s behalf requesting an update.

 

Water Operator:

Marshall stated that Jeremy Barnum and Andrew Godin have completed the water operator class and have taken the exam; they are awaiting the results of the exam still. Marshall thanked the board for the October 2018 water operator pay, he does not wish to receive any further operator pay. The board will review operator pay for Jeremy at a later date.

 

Board Member Replacement & Assignments:

Marshall/Brooks made the motion to recommend Michael Lawyer to the Selectboard to fill the vacant water commissioner position created when Jes resigned; vote taken, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Fire Station outside spigot:

Tabled until December meeting, will put “LCCA water spigot” on the December water agenda.

 

Future meetings:

Discussion was had on future water district meeting dates. All members agreed to leave the next monthly Water District meeting on the second Monday. Starting in January, the monthly Water District monthly meetings will move to the second Wednesday of each month. 

 

Other Business & Mail:

            -Dick Wright Ford- the need for a curb stop for the auto body shop was           discussed. Brooks will contact the owner about it and the past due water            balance.

            -Brooks and Marshall thanked Jes for his work and expertise for the Water     District.

 

Next month’s meeting will be on Monday, December 10, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. The January meeting will be Wednesday, January 9, 2019.

 

Motion made by to adjourn the meeting by Brooks/Marshall, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Meeting adjourned at 7:41 p.m.

 

Respectfully,

Sara Rainville

November 15, 2018

 

These minutes are not official until approved at the Water Commissions next regular meeting.