MINUTES OF THE WATER COMMISSIONERS

Monday June 11, 2018 @ 6:00 P.M.

Town Clerk’s Office

 

Members Present: Jes Alexant, Brooks Sturtevant, Marshall Ploof and Sara Rainville, secretary.

 

Guests: John Kiernan from Otter Creek Engineering, Dave Bennion & Peter Magnant, Selectboard members.

 

Meeting called to order at 6:03 p.m. by Jes Alexant. Pledge of allegiance was recited.

 

Agenda Amendments:

Move item #7 Updates on Water System Project to before item #3 Public Comment, all members in favor.

 

Water System Upgrade Update:

Jes gave an overview of work to date, what started with Phelps Engineering and what Otter Creek is currently working on. John Kiernan was welcomed to the meeting.

 

John stated that the State is looking for more detail on the corrosion control plan. John noted some of the other deficiencies the State has pointed out on the water system: monitoring, sampling schedules, lower customer pressure, etc.   The limestone contactor designs were reviewed as well as possible costs for the total project.

 

Water commissioners also discussed the timing of the tank cleaning and inspection, Brooks will follow-up with possible companies that provide this service.

 

Public Comment:

None.

 

Approve Minutes:

Brooks/Jes made the motion to approve the May 14, 2018 minutes; vote taken, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Treasurer’s Report & Budget Prep:

Sara presented the water commissioners with a trial balance report for FY18; checking account balance $50,139.35.

 

A warrant with supporting invoices totaling $674.86 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

Sara stated that there are still 2 outstanding accounts from the January 1, 2018 billing to users.

 

There still needs to be a curb stop installed still at 5048 Hanna Road.

 

Sara will be sending out July 1, 2018 bills and including the CCR at the end of June.

 

 

 

Water Sampling:

May 24, 2018 primary sample tested positive for coliform, resample tested negative/clear.

 

Source Protection Plan:

Jes is still working on; he has spoken with the State of Vermont on their recommendations to be included. There will need to be a joint meeting between many Town boards to review.

 

Spring Overflow use:

Members are currently reviewing current and past deeds, will discuss again at the next water district meeting.

 

Water Operator:

Jes have worked up a draft operator ad for members to review, members made suggestions and Jes will make changes then send to Sara to send to newspapers and post online & around Town.

 

Other Business:

-CCR template: Brooks will talk to Mark Brouillette about getting template completed and sent to Sara.

- Water leak: Grennons on Main Street, Mark has scheduled the repairs to be done June 14, 2018 at 9:00 a.m.

-Level 1 assessment notice: required to be done within 30 days, letter was sent by Jeff Girard, Sara received it May 17, 2018.

-Sanitary Survey: Sara received it June 11, 2018. Copies were made for all members for review, Jes will send a response back to the State on it as well as talk to Otter Creek and Mark.

-Brooks/Jes made the motion to combine the July monthly meeting with the Annual meeting, all members in favor, motion passed.

 

The next meeting will be the Annual Meeting AND monthly meeting on July 16, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. at the FELCO Room at the Franklin Homestead.

 

Motion made by to adjourn the meeting by Brooks/Jes, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Meeting adjourned at 8:10 p.m.

 

Respectfully,

Sara Rainville

June 13, 2018

 

These minutes are not official until approved at the Water Commissions next regular meeting.