MINUTES OF THE WATER COMMISSIONERS

Annual & Monthly Meeting

Wednesday July 10, 2019 @ 6:00 P.M.

Town Clerkís Office

 

Members Present: Marshall Ploof, Mike Lawyer and Sara Rainville, secretary.

 

Guests: Peter Magnant, Yvon Dandurand & Dave Bennion, Selectboard members and Hugh Gates.

 

Meeting called to order at 6:05 p.m. by Mike Lawyer. Pledge of allegiance was recited.

 

Agenda Amendments:

None.

 

Public Comments:

Hugh Gates had questions on the treatment of the water. Marshall reviewed the idea for a limestone chip contactor that has been proposed to the State. The board does not wish to treat the water with chemicals if they donít have to. Marshall noted that there will also be a ph meter installed as part of the project.

 

Approve Minutes:

Marshall/Mike made the motion to approve the June 12, 2019 minutes; vote taken, all in favor, motion passed.

 

Treasurerís Report:

Sara presented the water commissioners with a yearend trial balance report for FY19; checking account balance $36,481.60

 

A warrant with supporting invoices for FY20 totaling $7,110.43 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

A warrant with supporting invoices for FY19 totaling $1,242.50 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

A warrant with supporting invoices FY19 totaling $2,164.36 was submitted for review and signatures by the members. Discussion was had.

 

Water Operator:

††††††††††† -Sample schedule and lab locations was reviewed. Mike has spoken with Endyne about Friday samples; the board would like to avoid samples being delivered to Endyne on Fridayís to avoid the extra weekend test charge.Using a courier to deliver samples to them was discussed, Jeremy will look into further. The board would also like samples to be collected earlier in the month instead of the end of the month.

††††††††††† -Leak detection-Mike has received two dates from Brent that he is available to come to Franklin, Friday July 26 and Friday, August 2. Mike will coordinate with Jeremy & Brent.

 

Water System Project Update:

Mike stated that he has been in contact with John Kiernan, the State had some minor changes to the PER that they wanted done.We are still waiting for the States final approval and permit to operate.

 

The timeline for the project was reviewed as well as the bid process and warning for the Town wide vote on the funding.

 

Mike will speak with John Kiernan about getting a quote for Otter Creek to provide bid process assistance as well as project management services.

 

Water Rates:

The need to increase rates further due to the upcoming project was discussed. The members will review it again at their next meeting.

 

Other Business & Mail:

Boil water and removal notification timeliness was discussed.

 

Next monthís meeting will be on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.

 

Motion made by to adjourn the meeting by Marshall/Mike, all in favor, motion passed.Meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.

 

Respectfully,

Sara Rainville

July 10, 2019

 

These minutes are not official until approved at the Water Commissions next regular meeting.