Franklin Recreation Meeting December 4, 2017 (draft)

 

People Present: Bridget Thompson, Stacy Godin, Bridgette Favreau, Dawn Gallagher, Rachel Dumeny

 

Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:06.

 

Public Comment:

-         Stacy needs contact info for Watershed.14th Star is looking for contact info to do an event.Vice President: Pete Benevento (Bridget gave contact info to Stacy)

-         Agreed to post info for Queen City North (soccer program) to our Facebook page

 

Bridget made a motion to approve meeting minutes from 11/20.Stacy seconded.Motion was accepted.

 

Treasurerís Report:

Received $1254 for basketball registrations

Stacy made motion to accept report. Bridget seconded.Motion passed.

 

Recreation Director Report:

* Scottís Field Grant was received.Winners will be notified between Dec 1-Feb 1.

* Apps for schedule:

- Rachel mentioned Team Reach app that they used for field hockey

 

Action Item Review:

        Selectboard Mtg: none of us can attend the mtg on Dec 6th

-         Can we store stuff in that first room on the left in the Town Hall?

-         Use Fee: Can we have a discounted rate? Bridget will reach out to Highgate about how it works with them and then the arena

        Bridget will reach out to RISEVT about what category we fall under in order to gain bronze status

 

Youth Advisory Board:

        Welcomed Rachel Dumeny 582-8464

        Role: give Rec board ideas & support activities (ex. winter carnival & summer activities) Rachel agreed to be here as much as she is available.

 

Cross Country Ski Trail

        Jesí schedule/health doesnít allow him to be the lead at this point

        We will need to discuss this further

 

Tree Lighting Recap

        177 people that attended

        Next year: microphone, outdoor music, bigger holder for hot chocolate

        Different tree next year?

        In front of town hall next year?

 

Polar Express/Lighted Parade

        4:40-6:40 Polar Express

-         Carolyn Kittell- hay wagon??

-         Girl Scouts will make cookies for polar express

-         NHS- Jen Dewing reached out to them via email, Rachel will check in with them at next mtg

        7:15 Parade

-         Bridget will make flyer

-         Trucks & trailers can park over by town garage (if needed)

 

Basketball

        5/6 boys will play in Sheldon since we donít have enough players for a team

        Bridget made a motion that we order balls (1 case for older kids and 1 case for little kids) and 4 bags.Bridgette seconded the motion. Motion passed.

        Dawn will touch base with Grizzly Graphics to add sponsors on back

        Are we splitting up 1/2?

- 3 groups

 

Paint & Sip

        Dan is a go and getting the necessary permit

        Have permission from the Homestead

        Create an event/flyer after Christmas

        January 12th

        Will need to set up tables/space

 

Winter Carnival

        Table discussion until next mtg.

 

Meeting adjourned at 9:35.