Call to order
At 6:03 p.m. Peter M called the meeting to order. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Present: Peter Magnant, Yvon Dandurand, Brooks Sturtevant, Ed Rainville, Andy Godin, Lisa Larivee and Sandi Murphy
Guests: Pam from VLCT via phone call and Dan Favreau for VAST
Agenda amendments - None
VLCT Insurance review - Pam was called on the phone and put on speaker. Lisa asked her to go over the buildings coverage options. (Guaranteed replacement costs vs. Functional replacement cost). The 2012 appraised values were reviewed. The SB discussed further. Lisa will be in touch with Pam for quotes on changes.
Dan favreau for vast
Dan F asked the SB for written permission to use part of
Public Comment Period - None
Approve Minutes of October 18, 2017 – Brook S/Yvon D made the motion to approve minutes of Oct. 18th, 2017 as corrected: line 43 TAC should be Road Foreman Meeting. No further discussion. Vote taken, 4 in Favor, Brooks abstained, motion carried.
• Dandurand Quarry - Act 250? Lisa spoke with Jeff Greeen of the State ANR District 6 Commission. Marc Dandurand needs to get an Act 250 Permit or the town can purchase or lease the Quarry for 99 years and then no Permit is necessary. Yvon D will talk with Marc Dandurand about the options.
• Garage lot storm water work – project options: Trudell Engineering’s Phase I of the project was discussed, NRPC’s grant is a 20/80 matching grant. Approximately $47,849 would be the cost as engineered for Phase I. Lisa will get more information about the town doing the work for much less of a cost.
Better Roads grant - signing. Lisa needs numbers
from Jeremy Barnum before Friday the 17th. This is for
Transportation Alternative program grant-
signing. This one is due November 22nd. Jeremy B said
Town clerk concerns
• Sidewalk grant signing and bid review - (50/50 match) The grant needs to be signed as accepted. Brook S/Ed R made a motion to sign the grant. Vote taken, all in Favor, motion carried. Peter M signed the grant agreement. Discussed the request for bid to be posted and trying to go further with the grant funding if possible. Andy G will measure the footage for Lisa to include in the bid request as two sections.
Village designation renewal authorization - Lisa
explained that this helps with grant priority processes for the town and gives
businesses tax breaks for certain building updates. Brooks S/Yvon D made a motion for NRPC to be
authorized to reapply for the Franklin Village Designation on behalf of the
• Credit card approval/ resolution - Lisa explained why she is requesting new credit cards for the Town through a different vendor. The town has three employees that use the credit cards (Jeremy Barnum, Lisa Larivee, and Kathleen Engstrom). Brook S/Yvon D made a motion to authorize Lisa Larivee to set up new credit cards with Community National Bank/Card Assets with limits of $1500.00 for each employee. All in favor, motion carried.
• Weed Harvester grant- signing of funds. The grant funding is in the amount of $1600.00. Ed R/Yvon D made a motion to sign the grant. Vote taken, all in Favor, motion carried. Peter M signed the grant.
Chamber Of Commerce funding request. In the past
towns did not pay for membership. Now the annual dues for
Review and sign bills
All SB members reviewed and signed off on the bills.
*Park and Ride agreement review – Peter M asked if all the SB members have reviewed the Draft agreement. Most have reviewed it. Ed R will check the Court Order to review one certain aspect of the agreement.
*Approval of Personal Policy amendments – Peter M signed the amendment form.
Budget preparations – Peter M went over some possible new Budget items going forward. ( the Marc Dandurand Quarry purchase or lease; the aeration project for Lake Carmi; the repairs needed at the Town Hall furnace room; replacing the pay-loader; water system improvements; drainage costs; General Road Permit fees ($400/$2000).
ANR notice of discharge - State Park
Peter M went through the folder.
Member concerns - other business
Yvon D - where are we at with the Zoning Violations? We need to hear from Bob Irish.
Ed R - Have Kevin Lothian’s concerns been addressed by ZA?
Andy G - None
Brook S - Are we going to do Gift cards for Town employees? And Brook S had several Thank-you cards for the folks that helped with the Town Hall clean- up. All SB members signed the cards.
Peter M - None
Next meeting date is set for December 6, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town clerk’s office.
At 8:53 p.m. Ed R/Brook S made a motion to adjourn. Motion carried. These minutes are not official until approved at the next regular selectboard meeting.
Sandi Murphy, minute taker
November 17, 2017
These minutes not official until approved at the next Selectboard meeting. These minutes have been approved at the December 6, 2017 Selectboard meeting.