Franklin Selectboard Meeting

May 21, 2018 at 6:30 pm

Town Clerk’s Office


Call to order: Peter Magnant called to order at 6:48 P.m.


Present: Dave Bennion, Andy Godin, Peter Magnant, Yvon Dandurand, and Lisa Larivee, Town Clerk 


Guests: Polly Gadbois


Agenda amendments:  none


Public Comment Period: Polly was present to discuss the junk ordinance rules.  Peter advised no action will be taken without a written complaint as is the policy.  Polly asked how long enforcement happens from a previous complaint.  A property she has concerns with has gotten worse and no work has been done in a while.  Peter advised the previous complaint was years ago and they give a while for cleanup.  The board will have to review this again.   


Town Clerk concerns:

·        Perry Thomas from State DEC stopped by the town office last week with Graham Bradley, State Hydrogeologist and Soil Geologist and Lynnette Claudon, Facilities/Design Clean water engineer to discuss a groundwater study around the lake and funding for such.  Lynnette forwarded the Clean Water/Wastewater feasibility funding application; I completed part and forwarded to Perry to complete other information.  This is first come first serve funding and there is FY18 money available. The application will be completed for signature at the June 6th board meeting.

·        School joint fiscal services agreement: The board reviewed the agreement drafted by the Supervisory Union for the fiscal services of the school with a joint agreement between FNWSU, Franklin Central School and the Town.  Yvon D/Dave B made a motion to approve the agreement as written.  All members voted in favor, motion passed.


Old Business:

·           Hay bids:  Peter spoke with Tim Magnant about submitting a bid for the town land haying, he wants for three years is so;  Andy spoke with Ken Corey about haying it as well; he will invite him to submit a bid.  They will be due by the June 6th meeting.

·           Dog letter of complaint on William Deuso dog; Rock Maple Rd is a private road and the board discussed their authority.  As the dog is not licensed we should send a letter of the statutes and about keeping the dog on the property.  Peter signed the letter.

·           Band stand:  Dave has picked a color to stain the band stand for the Gates family volunteer/community project.  Board is fine with that.      


New business:

·           Weed harvester:  The board discussed a request to offload the weeds from the harvester at the Sandy Bay Beach.  This would not change the areas that are approved by the State for harvesting.  Lisa will draft a letter to the Blackwoods Owners Association of options to use the beach area to off-load



At 7:20 pm Yvon D/Andy G made a motion to adjourn. Motion carried.


Respectfully submitted,

Lisa Larivee, Town Clerk

May 22, 2018


These minutes are not official until approved at the next regular Selectboard meeting. 

These minutes were approved at the June 20, 2018 Selectboard meeting.