Franklin Selectboard Meeting
January 10, 2018 @ 7:00 pm
Franklin Town Clerks Office
Call to order
At 7:06 p.m. Peter M called the meeting to order. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
PRESENT: Peter Magnant, Yvon Dandurand, Andy Godin, Brooks Sturtevant, Ed Rainville and Lisa Larivee, Town Clerk
GUESTS: Tim Magnant
Agenda amendments: None
Public comment period: None
Highway department Budget:
· Reviewed key lines as discussed at the previous meeting and the narrative to correspond.
· Loader-Yvon spoke of waiting a few more years or going to the voters for their consideration this year. As the current loader is old (1988) and may leave us without needed equipment at any time, it was thought that we should go to the voters with an article.
-- Case: price of $109,555 after trade for new machine in comparable size to our current for both quotes.
-- John Deere price $96,824 after trade for new machine
Board agreed to do an article asking for up to $80,000 for up to 5 years for purchasing a new machine. Available funds in the equipment fund will be used to reduce amount to be borrowed.
· Reviewed key lines as discussed at last meeting with narrative.
· May have to adjust the Clerk/Treasurer salary by the school compensation; will be advised of what that amount is next week.
· Discussed the Lake water quality article and the funds needed; are waiting for the state to give us a dollar figure. Lisa will talk to Perry Thomas about the wording of VT DEC to include.
· Add article for loader as discussed
Tim Magnant exited the meeting as this time.
Review and sign bills
All SB members reviewed and signed the bills.
OLD BUSINESS: Selectboard report reviewed and approved by board. Peter wants to add the ANR report regarding Lake Carmi from Perry Thomas after their report.
New business: none
SELECTBOARD FOLDER: Town meeting tune-up, Yvon wants to attend; Lisa will register him and check with Tim Magnant if he is attending.
Member concerns/other business
Ed-a resident has asked about rules for plowing private driveway snow across the roads. It is against the law and the parties could be liable for damages as a result of snow berms left in the road. Discussion of school fiscal services change.
Next meeting date is January 25, 2018 at 7:00 pm for the public budget meeting at the franklin school library
At 8:38 pm Brooks S/Andy G made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; all in favor; motion carried.
These minutes are not official until approved at the next regular selectboard meeting. These minutes were approved at the January 25, 2018 Selectboard meeting.
Lisa Larivee, Town Clerk
January 12, 2018