Franklin Selectboard Meeting
December 20, 2017 @ 7:00
Franklin Town Clerk’s Office
Call to order
At 7:15 p.m. Peter M called the meeting to order. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
PRESENT: Peter Magnant, Yvon Dandurand, Ed Rainville, Brooks Sturtevant and Lisa Larivee, Town Clerk; Andy Godin by phone
GUESTS: Dave Bennion, Carole Richard and Linda Barnum, Library Trustees.
Agenda amendments: None
Public comment period
· Dave Bennion regarding the furnace room updates that are needed. To fireproof the room as required by state code the estimate is $2300/$2700 depending on the kind of door used. He also looked at the electrical outlets that were of concern; all is good and there is nothing wrong. Dave reviewed to recent Planning Commission meeting and the updates to the town plan and approval.
Approve minutes of December 6, 2017
Yvon D/Brooks S made a motion to accept the Dec 6th minutes with the following changes: On line 6, add Town Clerk/Treasurer; Line 49 change Yvon to Selectboard; line 58 should be sand shed/salt shed; line 62 change “dog catcher” to “animal control officer”; line 67 change “over to MVP” to “from BC/BS to MVP”; line 89 delete “no answer”. Vote taken on the motion. Motion carried.
· Sidewalk bid opening: Berlinghoff Site Work-section 1 bid $45,900 and section 2 - $32,500 totaling $78,400. Wright’s Excavating-section 1 bid $33,953 and section 2 - $25,760 totaling $59,713. Discussion of bids and the scope of work; Brooks/Yvon made a motion to reject both bids at this time as the board feels they are very high and will review again at a later date. Vote taken on the motion. Motion carried.
· Andy phoned in from home regarding the highway budget. The highway foreman would like to have an increase in the gravel line to $35-40K and the chloride line for another load. The board will discuss budgets further and thanked Andy for calling in.
Town Clerk's concerns
· Land Trust application submission for Mike & Denna Benjamin. The board is good with the request as it follows the town plan guidelines.
· Library: Reviewed the library budget with Carole and Linda, Trustees. They are requesting the same funding of $38,000 from the town and keeping the budget about level.
· Recreation Dept: Dawn Fournier, Rec Director is doing well with the program; they are requesting the same amount of $16,000 by an article again this year.
· General/Highway: discussion of salaries with changes to school fiscal services and the need to level fund in other areas. Pete discussed the need for a new loader vs. fixing the old one to keep it going. Ed spoke of the increase to the gravel line and the needs of the town roads.
Review and sign bills
All SB members reviewed and signed the bills.
Park and Ride agreement – the consensus is that the selectboard feels that the proposed agreements are based on prior meetings. Have 14 days to review concerns brought up by Franklin Telephone Co.
New business: None
Selectboard folder: None
Member concerns/other business
Ed R – None
Brooks S - None
Yvon D – he has gotten two complaints on the condition of Middle Rd. Should we set aside money for upcoming cematery maintenance?
Peter M – mentioned cemetery conditions in the selectboard report and no money is being requested at this time.
Next meeting date is January 3, 2018 at 6:00 pm at the Town clerk’s office
At 9:34 pm Brooks S/Yvon D made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; all in Favor; motion carried.
These minutes are not official until approved at the next regular selectboard meeting.
Lisa Larivee, Town Clerk
December 26, 2017