Franklin Recreation Meeting September 9, 2019
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:18 p.m..
The Franklin Homestead is hosting a vendor fair in October similar to what Franklin Rec is planning for November and have asked Franklin Rec to help them advertise.
The librarian has a new email address: email@example.com
Approve Meeting Minutes
Paulaís name was spelled incorrectly in the August 26 minutes. Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from August 26, after the spelling correction. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● A warrant for $164.29 for soccer equipment (goals, nets, flags, goalie equipment, etc.) was approved.
● Soccer income is $1262.50 to date.
● An additional $82.50 was received from the Lake Monsters fundraiser.
Stacy motioned to approve this report. Stephanie seconded. The motion passed.†
Rec Coordinator Contract
The contract was signed by the Coordinator and Board Members.
● Bridget has been the lead/main contact with the website and will work with Dawn to teach her how to view registrations and compile lists for recreational sports.†
● Sponsors need to be added to the website.
● The calendar needs to be updated, more training is needed to use the website calendar.
● Soccer registration went well using the new online registration process.
● Two soccer fields have been built and are ready for the soccer season to begin.
● Softball/baseball field updates have began.
● Bridget made a motion to spend a total of up to $1500 on softball and baseball field updates; using the Little League reserve fund for the sand mix and new bases and the field maintenance fund for the equipment rental. Bridgette seconded the motion. The motion passed.
● Six people from Franklin voted in the Little League elections for Franklinís NWLL representatives.†
● The new Franklin representatives are Paula Trembly and Annie Wagner.
Community Dinner: †
● The community dinner was well attended by over 100 people.
● Discussion about having a family movie next year.†
● Bridget made a motion to pay for the bouncy house ($225) and pizza oven deposit ($250) for the community dinner.† Stacy seconded the motion. The motion passed.††
Glow Run: October 12, 2019. Check in at 5:30, race at 6:00 p.m..
● Dawn will work with Grizzly Graphix on a t-shirt design.
● Fees will be the same as last year: $10 for adults; $5 for children; additional fee for a shirt; shirt fee to be determined once design is completed.
● Supplies needed were discussed. Bridgette made a motion to spend up to $250 on glow run supplies. Stephanie seconded the motion. The motion passed.†††
● Bridget will post on website and on Facebook. Stacy will send a notice to school to be shared in the school newsletter.
Trunk or Treat: Trunk or Treat will be on the evening of October 25. This event will be further planned at the next meeting and advertised after that meeting.
Vendor/Craft Fair: November 16 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.. Vendors at Town Hall, kids paint and sip to benefit Brady Adams at the Church. This event will be further planned at future meetings.†
Paint and Sip: Due North is interested, but the timing wonít work for this fall. Stephanie will talk with Erich about possibly planning one for next summer.†
Tree Lighting: December 6. Details to be planned at future meetings.†
Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 20. Details to be planned at future meetings.†
● There was interest in Adult Soccer last fall. Franklin Rec will find out if anyone is willing to lead this activity and will advertise accordingly.†
● Coaches have been given their team information and practices have started.†
● A clinic for grades 3-6 will be planned for the afternoons of 11/2 (boys) and 11/9 (girls).
● Registrations will begin at the end of October.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:57 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, September 23 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.