Franklin Recreation Meeting September 23, 2019
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m..
● The next Regional Recreation meeting (coordinated by RiseVT) will be in Swanton on Wednesday, September 25 from 5:30-7:00 p.m.. Paula will attend.† .†
● Carol Lizotte sent an email asking if Franklin Recreation would consider helping with a weekly Friday afternoon program. Bridget will respond that the board is unable to help at this time.
● Ron Underwood is planning a pitching clinic during the winter and would like to offer some sessions in Franklin. Bridgette will let him know that is fine, but will need to be scheduled after the basketball schedule is finalized.†
● Tractor Day - October 19 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.. They will also be making apple cider at this event.
● The library is looking forward to helping host the Annual Tree Lighting, providing hot cocoa and a story.†
● The library is interested in adding a haunted library to the 2020 Trunk or Treat event.†
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from September 9. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
The following bills were received and approved:
● Grizzly Graphix (soccer uniforms): $864
● Insurance (Vt League of Cities and Towns): $81
● Obstacle Course (Community Dinner): $225
Bridget motioned to approve this report. Stephanie seconded. The motion passed.†
● The softball field done, other than bases and edging.
● The baseball field still needs work.
● VT Storm softball team has been using the softball field for practices and is hoping to use it for games. All practices/games should be on the field use calendar, and a copy of their insurance policy needs to be given to the town. Dawn and Bridget will coordinate.†
● Stacy has been keeping the fields lined for games.†
● Bridget has been in contact with the Highgate Athletic Director who hasnít scheduled games with Franklin this season. Discussion about how to ensure that we play other towns within our school district and about hosting a meeting with Athletic Directors from these towns followed.†
● Open gym time will be offered for basketball players in grades 3-6 during the week before Thanksgiving and staffed by Franklin Rec members. Times are as follows:
○ Girls - Monday 11/18 - 3:00-4:30 p.m.
○ Boys - Wednesday 11/20 - 3:00-4:30 p.m.
● Regular season registration will be from 10/14 - 11/11.
○ Fees will be structured as follows: full price for first child, 10% discount for second child, 50% discount for third child, all additional children over three are free. Base prices for all levels will remain the same as last year.†
● Clinic registration will open on 10/14 and close two days before the clinic (10/31 for boys and 11/7 for girls)
● For the winter/spring 2019-2020 season, groups wishing to play pickleball will be able to sign up for a two hour session using the website for a fee of $8 per group. Franklin Rec will work with the Town Clerkís office to determine the best method for determining Town Hall availability.
Glow Run: October 12, 2019. Check in at 5:30, race at 6:00 p.m..
● Supplies have been ordered.†
● Bridget will make a flyer to be sent out with the school newsletter.
● The event will be added to the website for online registration.
● The deadline to get a t-shirt will be September 29.†
● There will be prizes for the glowiest child and adult.†
● Dawn is working with Grizzly Graphix on a t-shirt design.
Trunk or Treat: October 25 6:30 - 7:30 p.m..
Vendor/Craft Fair: November 16 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
Kids Paint and Sip: November 16 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. at the Franklin United Church. The fee will be $15 per child and additional donated will be accepted.† All proceeds and donations will be given to Brady Adams. Snacks will be provided.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:44 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, October 7 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.