Franklin Recreation Meeting September 21, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Lissy Bachelder, Dawn Fournier, Jenessa Gervais
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:33 p.m..
● Little League
○ NWLL will be holding elections for board representatives on October 15 from 4:30-6:00 p.m. at the Franklin Rec Fields.†
○ Anyone interested in joining the board should submit their name to Jeff Raleigh, one of the current NWLL board members or a Franklin Rec board member by October 10.††
● The Selectboard would like to meet with Jenessa and Bridget.
● Paula has begun to work on a Strategic Plan.
● Paula will begin drafting a policy for teams or groups of people who wish to use the rec fields for activities that are not sponsored by Franklin Rec.†
● New guidance from the VPA was released late last week that will directly impact some of Franklin Recís activities.†
○ The VPA governs rules for athletics for kids in grades 5-12.†
■ The VPA rules state that games cannot be played until schools have moved into opening phase 3.
■ Schools are currently operating in phase 2.†
■ It is uncertain if games against teams outside of the MVSD can be played. Dawn is looking into this.
● Games for players in grades 4 and under fall under recreation department guidelines and games can currently be played.†
● To comply with current COVID guidelines, Franklin Rec will adopt the following precautions at all 3/4 and 5/6 home soccer games:
○ A Board Member will greet each car entering the field to ask covid questions, take contact information, and document how many individuals are in each car.†
● Coaches are responsible for taking the temperature of players on their teams.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, October 5 at 7:00 p.m. at Paula Tremblayís House.