Franklin Recreation Meeting September 14, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Lissy Bachelder, Dawn Fournier, Jenessa Gervais
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:11 p.m..
● The Haston Library has no planned events this fall.
● They are Interested in selling food at the Glow Run.
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from August 31. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● The following bill was approved:
○ $286.17 for insurance and to reimburse Lissy Bachelder for thermometers.
● Bridget is working with the Town Clerk to resolve issues with payments due to the Rec Coordinator. This is likely caused by the recent change from a salary to an hourly position.
● Paula reviewed the budget.†
● Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.†
Action Item Review
● Action item and to do lists were reviewed.†
● Jenessa has applied for the Recreation Coordinator position.
○ Job details were shared and she had the opportunity to ask questions and respond to questions from the Board.†
● Paula motioned to accept Jenessa as the new Recreation Coordinator.† Stacy seconded.† The motion passed.†
● Jenessa will work with Bridget and Dawn to transfer job responsibilities.††
● Crabapples on the soccer field and running path have been identified as a hazard and this was reported to the Selectboard. The Selectboard will discuss further at their next meeting.
● To stay within the 150 person limit at outdoor events, soccer games will be limited to two spectators on the field per player. Additional spectators can sit in their vehicles. Bridget will send this email.
● Randy has been asked to send his schedule to Franklin Rec so that it can be on the calendar.
● A doctor note is needed for children to be exempt from wearing a mask during soccer practices/games.
● The school board will pay for the 5/6 players. Refunds/credits will be given.
● Fields will be lined once a week by Jenessa.
● Dawn is finalizing the game schedules.They should be complete by the end of the week.†
● Shirts have been ordered.
● There are enough 5/6 players to have girl and boy teams. Games have been scheduled accordingly.
● Referees will be paid $25/game. Chris Spears will ref the girls games.† A ref is needed for the boys games.
● Elections for NWLL board representatives are TBD, but expected soon. Franklin has one open spot.
● Fall ball has started.
● Equipment that was loaned out during the LL season needs to be returned.††
● Visitors are not allowed at the Homestead at this time, so this event is put on hold.
Glow Run: October 23 6 p.m. check-in, 6:30 p.m. race begins.
● Everyone - runners and spectators - will be required to pre-register
● Details and safety precautions were discussed.†
● Lissy will work on the flyer and tshirt design.†
● T-shirt order cutoff will be October 1. Race registration will end on October 22.†
● Fees will be the same as last year.†
Trunk or Treat:† October 30 6:30-7:30 p.m.
● Register your trunk by emailing Franklin Rec.††
● Discussion on how to keep this a safe event.†
○ Cars will be spaced out.
○ Families will either have an escort or there will be a specific path to follow.
○ Pre-wrapped candy only.†
○ People giving out candy will wear masks and gloves.†
○ Waiting areas will be marked out and spaced appropriately.
○ Hand sanitizer will be given out at the beginning.
● Stacy motioned to buy a projector for $107. Paula seconded. The motion passed.†
● Shawn Rouleau has a shed his class built available for $3000. The Board discussed this and has decided to go another direction.†
● Rise VT has a grant opportunity, offering up to $700 for supplies to offer a free program.† Stacy will apply for this grant for supplies for the Polar Express, Lighted Parade and Tree Lighting events.
● Paula requested that the website be updated with the latest Bylaws, Board Members, and policies.†
● Bridget motioned to approve the Inflatable Movie Screen policy. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.††
● Paula calculated that if the families in Franklin who attended the movie on the green had instead brought their families to the movies, they would have spent approximately $987.
● Board Member Positions:
○ Paula nominated Lissy as vice chair/graphic designer and Stephanie as secretary. Bridget seconded. The nominations were approved.††
The meeting was adjourned at 9:47 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, October 5 at 7:00 p.m. at Paula Tremblayís House.