Franklin Recreation Meeting October 7, 2019
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m..
Paula provided an update on the Regional Rec Meeting that she attended on September 25.†
● The Trail Hub app was discussed. It is an app that has a map showing all known trails for hiking, biking, etc, as well as parking and restroom information.†
○ Trails can be added by sharing with the contact person.
○ Playgrounds are being added.
○ Area maps can be downloaded to be used in areas without phone service.†
○ Cards providing information about Trail Hub and how to add trails are available at the Town Clerkís office .
● The Messenger is creating a new community calendar; Michelle is the contact person.
● The library is looking for volunteers and tractors for Tractor Day - October 19 10:00 a.m.- 12:00 p.m..
● Josh will tell spooky stories at the Safety Fun Party on Halloween at the school.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from September 23. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● The following bills were received and approved:
○ $150 - Kevin Smith - bases
○ $191.76 - field paint
○ $47.94 - field paint
○ $280 - edger and cutter rental
○ $95 - port-o-let
○ $68.34 x2 - lights for glow run
○ $97.37 - glow run supplies
○ $389.95 - field stone
○ $805.85 - field stone
○ $413.95 - field stone
● The following Income was recorded:
○ $220 - glow run registration- 19 registrations
■ There are still 9 people who have registered and not paid.
○ $1,594 -soccer registrations
● After field updates, there is $4319.82 left in the Little League Reserve Account.
● The cost of field updates is currently $539.75 over the approved amount of $1,500.
○ Bridget made a motion to approve the increase of $539.75 for the Little League field updates and to spend up to $500 more for any unknown expenses needed to finish the fields. Stacy seconded the motion. The motion passed.
Bridget motioned to approve this report. Stephanie seconded. The motion passed.†
● The board voted on an increase on the amount of money allotted to field updates during the Treasurerís Report.†
● The softball field is complete. A game was played on it this weekend.†
● The baseball field will be worked on this week.
● The shed needs to be cleaned and the generator needs to be removed.
● A copy of the insurance for the VT Storm is needed.†
● Referees for the 5/6 home games will be paid $20 per game per referee: Tom Gates (4 games), Chris Spears (3 games), Sarah Gates (1 game). Bridgette will ask the town to send checks.†
● Registration will open next week and last until 11/11.†
● Round 1 of the Hoop Shoot will take place at the clinics hosted by Franklin Rec in early November. The second round† will be on December 7 at BFA.
● Needs to be advertised.
● Bridget will work with Town Clerk and Donna Blouin to determineTown Hall availability and pickleball supply status.
Glow Run: October 12, 2019. Check in at 5:30, race at 6:00 p.m..
● Supplies have all been delivered.†
● So far, 19 people have registered.†
● Shirts have been ordered.
● Discussion about setup, supplies, structure and volunteers followed.†
Trunk or Treat: October 25 6:30 - 7:30 p.m..
● Nine people have signed up to have trunks.
Vendor/Craft Fair: November 16 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
● A call for crafters/vendors will be put in the school newsletter, send as an email and posted on facebook.† .
Kids Paint and Snack: November 16, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., at the Franklin United Church.
● Registration for this event will be via the website. All registrations will be due by November 8.
Tree Lighting: December 6
● Santa will attend and give out candy canes.
● Hot Cocoa will be provided by the library.
● More lights are needed for the tree.
Polar Express and Lighted Parade:
● A new date of December 14th was selected.†
The meeting was adjourned at 9:11 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, October 21 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.