Franklin Recreation Meeting October 5, 2020 (draft)

 

Participants: Bridget Thompson, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Lissy Bachelder, Dawn Fournier, Jenessa Gervais

 

Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m..

 

Public Comment

       None

 

Library Updates

       The Haston Library Trustees are meeting on Thursday 10/8. Paula is planning to attend.

 

Approve Meeting Minutes

       Paula motioned to approve the meeting minutes from September 14 and 21. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.

 

Treasurerís Report††

       Bills in the amount of$1,168.41 were approved:

       $176.93 for a projector

       $612.00to Grizzly Graphics for soccer shirts

       $93.89 to McCuins for a lock and field paint

       $160.59 to McCuins for field paint and lock return

       $125.00 for port-o-let

       The Rec Coordinator was paid $144.55

Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Lissy seconded. The motion passed.

 

Action Item Review

       The to-do list was reviewed.

       Paula has been working to turn the action item list into a strategic plan. This will be reviewed at a future meeting.

 

Recreation Coordinator

       Jenessa and Bridget have been asked to meet with the Selectboard on Wednesday, 10/7 to discuss her application for the Rec Coordinator position.


 

Athletics

Field Use:

       Tracking of attendees at home games has been successful. Numbers have been close to max (150) for 5/6 games, but many people stay in their cars.

       Randy has been respectful of the soccer schedule and is looking to host a game in October.

       Paula is drafting a policy for when non rec sponsored groups/teams/individuals ask to use the rec fields.

       Storage Shed

       Stacy got a quote for $1950 to build a storage shed. This prices does not include a garage door, concrete pad, or plywood walls

       This activity will be revisited in spring.††

Soccer:

       Pictures are scheduled for Monday 10/12. An email with information will be sent out by 10/6.

       Discussion about who should be responsible for canceling games. For the rest of the 2020 season, the rec coordinator will work with the coaches to determine if a game should be cancelled. The decision will be made a minimum of 1.5-2 hours before game time.

       Soccer balls are requiring reinflation often and more needles are needed.

       Dawn shared that some soccer programs require that kids each have their own ball for the season and are responsible for bringing it to practice and games. The ball is kept at their home. The ball can be purchased through rec at registration for an additional cost, or the family can supply one. This will be considered for future seasons.

       Dawn is working on the refunds/credits for the 5/6 players.

Little League:

       NWLL Board elections will be on October 15 from 4:30-6 at the Franklin Rec fields.

       Franklin has one open Board position. Anyone interested in running should submit their name to the NWLL or Franklin Rec by 10/10.

Basketball:

       No details until the Governor's press conference on winter sports.

 

Programs

Glow Run: October 23 6 p.m. check-in, 6:30 p.m. race.

       Shirts will be ordered this week

       14 people have already registered

       Details on registration were discussed

       Covid questions

       Taking temperatures

       Attendees who didnít pre-register

       Setup details were discussed

       Solar lights will be checked this week and then set up on Thursday 10/22.

       Remaining setup will occur on Friday afternoon 10/23.

       Supplies: tables, tents, lights, signs, registration forms

Trunk or Treat:October 30 6:30-7:30 p.m.

       Stephanie will contact Joyce about using the school parking lot.

       Discussion on keeping the event safe.

       Cars will be spaced out.

       Families will either have an escort or there will be a specific path to follow.

       Pre-wrapped candy only.

       People giving out candy will wear masks and gloves.

       Waiting areas will be marked out and spaced appropriately.

       Hand sanitizer will be given out at the beginning.

       Stephanie suggested a Haunted Woods, but this isnít feasible right now.

Vendor Fair: Franklin Rec will not offer a vendor fair this year.

Tree Lighting: December 14. More discussion next time.

Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 18. More discussion next time.

 

Other

       Stacy shared about two grant opportunities.

       The Spark Grant

       The Cares Grant

       Discussion about rec activities/events/ideas that could fit these grants


 

The meeting was adjourned at 9:13 p.m..

 

The next meeting willbe on Monday, October 26 at 7:00 p.m. at Paula Tremblayís House.