Franklin Recreation Meeting October 26, 2020

 

Participants: Bridget Thompson, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Lissy Bachelder, Dawn Fournier, Jenessa Gervais

 

Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m..

 

Public Comment

       None

 

Library Updates

       The Haston Library has been doing a virtual storytime for children and asked Franklin Rec to read next week. Paula will read.

 

Approve Meeting Minutes

       Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from October 5 and 14. Lissy seconded. The motion passed.

 

Treasurerís Report††

       The following bills were approved:

       $188.50 to Grizzly Graphics for Glow Run shirts

       $125 for Port-o-let

       Soccer Referees:

       $50 to Chris Spears for games on 10/2 and 10/3

       An additional check for $50 to Chris Spears was voided on 10/7 due to a cancelled game

       $50 to Corey Bertrand for games on 10/7

       $25 to Chris Spears for a game on 10/15

       $25 to Corey Bertrand for a game on 10/15

       $66.03 and $123.06 to Dawn Fournier for Rec Coordinator duties

       An update on Rec Coordinator earnings since July 1 was presented to the Board.††

 

Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.

 

Action Item Review

       The to-do list was reviewed and updated.

 

Recreation Coordinator

       On October 7, the Franklin Selectboard voted to hire Jenessa Gervais as the new Recreation Coordinator.

       The contract fo the the new Rec Coordinator was signed.

       Dawn and Bridget are working with Jenessa to transition her into the Rec Coordinator role.


 

Grants

       Stacy is working on putting a budget together for the MLB grant.

       There is a LL grant available, but it needs to be submitted by a NWLL board member.

       Paula will discuss with the NWLL board at their next meeting.

Athletics

Field Use:

       There were some conflicts at the rec fields recently, when non-rec sponsored teams were using the fields without notifying the rec department on days that rec activities were planned.

       A policy will be created for use of the fields for all non-rec sponsored activities

       Discussion about using the myrec calendar vs. the current google calendar.

       Currently the Rec Department maintains two calendars, an athletic calendar and an events calendar.

       These are separate to keep things simpler for people interested in Rec events but not athletic events, and vice versa.

       Going forward, when there is an event that requires an athletic location to be closed, that date/time will be blacked out on the athletic calendar.

       Discussion about preparing the fields for winter.

       Flag removal

       Soccer net removal/storage

       Garbage removal

Soccer Recap:

       The soccer season is finished. The season went well and everyone followed the guidelines.

       Discussion about the size of Franklinís soccer goals.

       The 5/6 goals are oversized and the 3/4 goals are undersized.

       HIghgate has offered to share information about their goals.

       All refund information for the 5/6 players was submitted to the school. Dawn will follow up.

Little League:

       The NWLL Board Representative voting was on October 15.

       The 2020-2021 NWLL Board Representatives from Franklin will be Annie Wagner, Paula Tremblay and Chris Billado.

       Voting at a soccer game increased the number of votes in Franklin.

       There is a meeting with the new board scheduled for 10/28.

       It is expected that there will be some major changes in leadership.

Basketball:

       No details until the Governor's press conference on winter sports.

 

Programs

Glow Run Recap: October 23 6 p.m. check-in, 6:30 p.m. race.

       The glow run went well.

       The total number of attendees and money earned will be known by the next meeting.

       One registered person didnít attend.

       Three unregistered people attended.

       The Haston Library sold snacks and water. They may set up in a different location next year.

       Discussion on how to improve this event.

Halloween Spooktacular:October 30 5:30-7:00 p.m.

       Registration for this event is now closed and the event is full.

       Review of people signed up to attend and those who have volunteered to be trunk contributors.

       Total number of people attending based on sign ups was discussed and streamlined.

       People were moved from the waitlist and notified.

       An email will go out with event details and reminders.

       Discussion about the structure of the event.

       Attendees will park in the school parking lot.

       The costume parade will begin at 5:30 near the Franklin Little League sign.

       Trunk or Treating will happen after the parade near the 5/6 soccer field.

       Trunk contributors will be asked to arrive between 4:30 and 5:00.

       The movie will be shown on the softball field after trunk or treating finishes.

       Discussion about setup.

       Solar lights will be used to light up the path from the parking lot, the parade route and the trunk or treating area.

       Lines will be painted on the grass to mark where trunk contributors will set up.

Tree Lighting: December 4. More discussion next time.

Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 18. More discussion next time.

 

Other

       Discussion about winter athletic options if basketball canít be offered. To be continued at future meetings

       Discussion about building an ice rink in Franklin. To be continued at future meetings.


 

The meeting was adjourned at 9:48 p.m.

 

The next meeting willbe on Monday, November 16 at 7:00 p.m. at Paula Tremblayís House.