Participants: Bridget Thompson, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Lissy Bachelder, Dawn Fournier, Jenessa Gervais
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m..
● The Haston Library has been doing a virtual storytime for children and asked Franklin Rec to read next week. Paula will read.†
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from October 5 and 14. Lissy seconded. The motion passed.
● The following bills were approved:
○ $188.50 to Grizzly Graphics for Glow Run shirts
○ $125 for Port-o-let
○ Soccer Referees:
■ $50 to Chris Spears for games on 10/2 and 10/3
■ An additional check for $50 to Chris Spears was voided on 10/7 due to a cancelled game
■ $50 to Corey Bertrand for games on 10/7
■ $25 to Chris Spears for a game on 10/15
■ $25 to Corey Bertrand for a game on 10/15
○ $66.03 and $123.06 to Dawn Fournier for Rec Coordinator duties
○ An update on Rec Coordinator earnings since July 1 was presented to the Board.††
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.†
Action Item Review
● The to-do list was reviewed and updated.†
● On October 7, the Franklin Selectboard voted to hire Jenessa Gervais as the new Recreation Coordinator.†
● The contract fo the the new Rec Coordinator was signed.
● Dawn and Bridget are working with Jenessa to transition her into the Rec Coordinator role.
● Stacy is working on putting a budget together for the MLB grant.
● There is a LL grant available, but it needs to be submitted by a NWLL board member.
○ Paula will discuss with the NWLL board at their next meeting.†
● There were some conflicts at the rec fields recently, when non-rec sponsored teams were using the fields without notifying the rec department on days that rec activities were planned.†
● A policy will be created for use of the fields for all non-rec sponsored activities
● Discussion about using the myrec calendar vs. the current google calendar.
○ Currently the Rec Department maintains two calendars, an athletic calendar and an events calendar.†
■ These are separate to keep things simpler for people interested in Rec events but not athletic events, and vice versa.
■ Going forward, when there is an event that requires an athletic location to be closed, that date/time will be blacked out on the athletic calendar.†
● Discussion about preparing the fields for winter.
○ Flag removal
○ Soccer net removal/storage
○ Garbage removal
● The soccer season is finished. The season went well and everyone followed the guidelines.
● Discussion about the size of
○ The 5/6 goals are oversized and the 3/4 goals are undersized.
○ HIghgate has offered to share information about their goals.
● All refund information for the 5/6 players was submitted to the school. Dawn will follow up.†
● The NWLL Board Representative voting was on October 15.†
○ The 2020-2021 NWLL Board Representatives from
○ Voting at a soccer game increased the number of votes in
● There is a meeting with the new board scheduled for 10/28.
● It is expected that there will be some major changes in leadership.
● No details until the Governor's press conference on winter sports.†
Glow Run Recap: October 23 6 p.m. check-in, 6:30 p.m. race.
● The glow run went well.
○ The total number of attendees and money earned will be known by the next meeting.†
○ One registered person didnít attend.
○ Three unregistered people attended.
● The Haston Library sold snacks and water. They may set up in a different location next year.†
● Discussion on how to improve this event.
Halloween Spooktacular:† October 30 5:30-7:00 p.m.
● Registration for this event is now closed and the event is full.
● Review of people signed up to attend and those who have volunteered to be trunk contributors.
○ Total number of people attending based on sign ups was discussed and streamlined.
○ People were moved from the waitlist and notified.†
● An email will go out with event details and reminders.†
● Discussion about the structure of the event.†
○ Attendees will park in the school parking lot.
○ The costume parade will begin at 5:30 near the Franklin Little League sign.
○ Trunk or Treating will happen after the parade near the 5/6 soccer field.
■ Trunk contributors will be asked to arrive between 4:30 and 5:00.
○ The movie will be shown on the softball field after trunk or treating finishes.†
● Discussion about setup.†
○ Solar lights will be used to light up the path from the parking lot, the parade route and the trunk or treating area.†
○ Lines will be painted on the grass to mark where trunk contributors will set up.†
Tree Lighting: †December 4. More discussion next time.
Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 18. More discussion next time.
● Discussion about winter athletic options if basketball canít be offered. To be continued at future meetings
● Discussion about building an ice rink in
The meeting was adjourned at 9:48 p.m.
The next meeting will† be on Monday, November 16 at 7:00 p.m. at Paula Tremblayís House.