Franklin Recreation Meeting October 21, 2019 (draft)
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m..
● Bridget made an account for the Messengerís new community calendar and added Trunk or Treat to the calendar.
● Tractor day was a success
● Upcoming Events
○ 10/26 - Bat Presentation at town hall
○ November TBD - Superhero Day†
● Paula is going to try to start reading to residents at the Homestead again
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from October 7. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● $130 was collected night of the Glow Run
● The following bills were received and approved:
○ $306 - Grizzly Graphix for Glow Run t-shirts
○ $2028.74 - payroll for the Recreation Coordinator
○ $100 - Tom and Sarah Gates for refereeing soccer games
● Chris Spears donated the money he earned refereeing back to the program.
● The Town Treasurer is looking for a weekly report of how credit card payments processed by MyRec for Franklin Rec activities are alloted (breakout of activities).
● A couple families didnít get the basketball discount. Bridget will reach out to MyRec for problem solving.†
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.†
● The baseball field is nearly finished. Randy has a plan to finish up. The bases are on backorder and a new home plate is needed.
● Fields need to be prepped for winter.
● Discussion about gifts for Tommy and Randy as a thank you for all their work on updating the fields.†
● 14 kids have registered online so far.
● Discussion about potential coaches for each level.
● Jon Godin will plan the clinics and reach out to Rec members to find volunteers as needed.†
● Inventory was completed:
○ (10) 28.5Ē balls
○ (14) 27.5Ē balls†
○ New game balls will be ordered†
● No update
Glow Run: October 12
● There were 64 participants.
● Start time of 6:00 p.m. is too early, need to start closer to 6:30 p.m. next year.
Trunk or Treat: October 25 6:30 - 7:30 p.m..
● Eleven people have signed up to have trunks.
Vendor/Craft Fair: November 16 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
● Four vendors have confirmed.†
Kids Paint and Snack: November 16, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., at the Franklin United Church.
● Registration for this event will be via the website and will open this week.
Tree Lighting: December 6
● No updates
Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 14
● Date was confirmed with the school.††
The meeting was adjourned at 9:05 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, November 4 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.