Franklin Recreation Meeting November 4, 2019
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m..
● Franklin Rec was invited to the MVSD School Board meeting on November 19 at 6:30 p.m..
● Superhero Storytime will be on Saturday, November 9; the same time as playgroup. Discussion about how to prevent this from happening in the future as both target the same audience.
● The library will be helping with the Town Tree Lighting on December 6.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from October 21. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● The following bills were approved:
○ $100 -† Tom and Sarah Gates for refereeing soccer games
○ $223.50† - Grizzly Graphix for soccer extra apparel orders.
○ $200 - Kevin Smithís for a new home plate for the baseball field and two game basketballs.
● The following bill was received and will be forwarded to the treasurer:
○ $136.78 - Franklin General Store for various 2018 expenses.
Stacy motioned to approve this report. Stephanie seconded. The motion passed.†
Trunk or Treat: October 25 6:30 - 7:30 p.m..
The timing and length seemed good for this event. There were approximately 120 trick or treaters and 14 trunks. Discussion about a need for lights on the playground.
Vendor/Craft Fair: November 16 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
● 15 vendors have signed up so far.
● The Franklin Bear Cub Scouts will be selling lunch.
● The Franklin Girl Scouts will be selling baked goods.
● Town Hall will open at 7:30 for vendor set up.
● Discussion about setup, decorations and advertising.
Kids Paint and Snack: November 16, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., at the Franklin United Church.
● Bridget makes motion for Bridgette to spend up to $200 on tarps and tablecloths. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● To date, nine people have signed up.
● A reminder will be published in the school newsletter.
● Registration will be extended to November 11th.†
● Discussion about set up and snack.
Tree Lighting: December 6
Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 14†
● The town has been asked to help with garbage removal at the fields.
● A pulley will be installed on the flagpole when the flag is taken down for the winter.†
● Discussion about tools and supplies needed for basic field maintenance and final preparation of fields for winter.
● Seven boys attended the clinic on 11/2.
● The girls clinic will be on 11/9.
● Discussion about blackout dates from school.†
● Open gym will be on 11/18 for girls and 11/20 for boys.
● To date, 25 kids have signed up for basketball:
○ Itty bitty - 2
○ Prek/K - 5
○ 1/2† - 3
○ 3/4 - 5 girls; 1 boy
○ 5/6 - 5 girls; 4 boys
● Registration closes on 11/11.
● No one is currently playing pickleball in Franklin.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:19 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, November 18 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.