Franklin Recreation Meeting November 18, 2019 (draft)
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dave Bennion
Stephanie called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m..
● Dave Benion said that he thought the Vendor Fair was a great event. Everyone he has spoken with was impressed. He provided some information about the user agreement for the Town Hall, and suggested that for an event like this, every vendor be given a copy of the agreement.†
● The Selectboard is hosting a meeting to review budgets on December 18.
● Bridget made a brochure highlighting the Franklin Recreation Department to hand out at the MVSD Board meeting on November 19. The Board reviewed the brochure and updates were made.†
Paula sent an email update that the library trustees are looking for confirmed times for the Tree Lighting and Polar Express.†
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from November 4. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● To date, a total of $1231.50 has been received from basketball registrations.
● A receipt for $46 to reimburse Stacy for snacks for paint and Snack was sent to the Town.
● $170 is due to Courtney Vining for the Paint and Snack. The Town will send a check.
● $115 was raised for Brady Adams at the Paint and Snack and an additional $44 was collected in a donation jar. A total of $159 was raised for Brady Adams.†
● $60 was collected by Bridgette for tables that had not yet been paid for at the Vendor Fair.
● The following bills were received and approved by the board:
○ $15 reimbursement to a vendor who was representing a company that was already being represented at the Vendor Fair.
○ $136.78 for 2018 expenses at the Franklin General Store.
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.†
Draft Concussion Protocol
Bridget will draft a concussion protocol for the Board to review by the end of 2019. It will include:
● Concussion Training for all Coaches
● A digital signature stating that parents understand what to do if their child gets a concussion.
● A check box stating that parents have talked with their child(ren) about concussions.
Vendor/Craft Fair Recap: November 16, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
● A total of $195 was made in table rentals. There was also a LuLaRoe fundraiser during the Vendor Fair and the income from that has not yet been reported.†
● The event went smoothly, was well attended, and the feedback has been positive.††
Kids Paint and Snack Recap: November 16, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., at the Franklin United Church.
● A total of $285 was collected for this event. Additional details about this benefit can be found in the Treasurerís Report.†
● The event was shorter than anticipated, but was a good fit for the group.
Tree Lighting: December 6 at the Haston Library. Story at 5:30 p.m., Santa at 5:40 p.m., and Tree Lighting at 6:00 p.m..
● Discussion about selecting, installing, and decorating a tree.†
● Bridgette made a motion to buy a portable speaker on amazon for $130. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.†
Polar Express and Lighted Parade: December 14, 4:40 p.m. - 6:20 p.m.; Parade at 7:15 p.m..
● Discussion about how and when to decorate the school, supplies needed, and order of events.†
Winter Carnival: February 1, 2:00 p.m. (pending approval for use of venue)
● Discussion about reaching out for donations for silent auction.
● Paula covered sand mix that had not been used on the fields.†
● An update is needed from Randy.
● Eleven girls attended the clinic on November 9.
● Basketball Numbers are as follows:††
○ Girls 3/4: 13
○ Girls 5/6: 6
○ Boys 3/4: 7
○ Boys 5/6: 10
● Three 4th grade girls will need to be pulled up to the 5/6 team. The coaches will work together to make this decision.
● There are two second grade boys and no second grade girls who have signed up to play. The two second grade boys will be asked to play on the 3/4 boys team and will be invited to the open gym on November 20.
● Dawn will email the hoop shoot winners with details for the next level.†
● Stephanie will be the contact for school for scheduling gym time.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:06 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, December 2 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.