Franklin Recreation Meeting May 6, 2019 (draft)
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier, Polly Gadbois, Randy Bombard
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:24 p.m..
The give one, take one library in town could also be a food pantry.† The library is still looking for someone to build this.†
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from April 22. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● Warrants were signed for the following:
○ $1994.00 for uniforms from Grizzly Graphix
○ $265.60 for paint and dugout upkeep supplies from Ace Hardware
○ $95 for portolet from Drummac
● A bill from Kevin Smithís was received totalling $1019.00. Bridgette will review before approving.
● There is approximately $5000 left in the Little League fund. Charter and insurance fees still need to be paid.††
Bridget motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.†
● MyRec has requested a copy of Franklin Recís budget.
● Photos for the website banner were selected.
● Soccer registrations will be done online using the new website.†
Little League (moved up in the agenda)
● Randy Bombard came to tell us about himself and offer to help with the Little League Season. He is certified hitting, pitching and fielding instructor and would like to help build a program.
● Bridget is drafting an email to coaches asking that they reserve batting cage time, and informing them that the fields need to be free 45 minutes to one hour before any home games to allow adequate time for field prep and warm ups.
● Dawn will email coaches the picture schedule. Pictures will be on May 17.††
Polly has been working on triathlon details. She met with the Sheriff last week, and they are working on permits to close the road(s) for the race. The race will be on June 29th and will kickoff Celebrate Lake Carmi Week. It will consist of running, biking and kayaking or canoeing and can be done in teams. Polly suggested courses for all events that board agreed on. Discussion about race day needs, volunteers, the race course for each event, categories, prizes, and entrance fees followed.†
● Bridget will mail a sponsorship letter to businesses that have sponsored Franklin Rec in the past that have not responded this year.
● All new banners needed have been ordered.
● $1225 will be moved into the Little League fund from sponsorship money received. This equals $175 per team sponsor.
● Sponsors who requested specific shirts are expected to pay the difference per Franklin Recís sponsorship policy. This applies to both of the Majors teams this year. Based on the shirts provided to the 5/6 teams in other sports, the additional cost is $108 for the boys majors team and $137.75 for the girls majors team. The sponsors will be notified.
● CWC Drum Circles will be cancelled due to low interest.
● Lake Monsters - Game July 20.† A message will be in the newsletter and they will be due June 7.†
There was a conflict in the training time, but Franklin Rec is working on a method for teaching new people Pickleball. More info to come.†
Community Dinner: †August 24th in the late afternoon/evening.
Paint and Sip: †A Summer Solstice Paint and Sip is planned for June 21 at 6:00 p.m. in the Felco room. A flyer and Facebook event will be created.
Running Club: †To begin on June 17 and continue every Monday through August 12 at 6:00 p.m..
Softball: There will be no Womenís League softball in Franklin, so co-ed softball will be held on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., beginning July 10 and continuing until August 14. The womenís league has offered their equipment to Franklin Rec.†
Bridget received a quote of approximately $2500 for a swing set, including installation and freight, she will reach out for a quote on adding a slide and bouncy horse.†
Discussion about what to do for Memorial Day Parade.†
The meeting was adjourned at 11:00 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, June 10 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin School.