Franklin Recreation Meeting May 4, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier, Brenna Sturtevant
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:11 p.m..
● Paula provided an update on the reading incentive, which is currently ongoing.
○ The Haston Library and Franklin Central School are co-sponsoring the reading incentive.†
○ The end of the reading incentive and prize drawing is still unknown, but will hopefully occur as part of the modified Memorial Day activities in Franklin.†
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from April 20. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
● Brenna talked about Memorial Day celebration plans for this year. Several events are planned. They will likely be broadcast on Facebook on Memorial Day. A schedule of events will be published, and include:
○ Hilary Britch will be the virtual guest speaker
○ A vehicle parade around Franklin is being planned. Look for details in the next few weeks.
○ Brenna will reach out to MVU for a Bugler to play taps.
○ The Scouts plan to make and place wreaths.
○ Jason McConnell will be asked to say a prayer.†
○ Scholarship recipients will be† announced.†
○ Reading incentive winners will be announced.
Franklin Rec is planning a virtual run/walk/scavenger hunt for the summer. Tentative dates are June 22 through August 3. The Board discussed registrations, ways to track participants, tshirts and more.†
Bridgette and Paula shared about the most recent Northwest Little League (NWLL) meeting. Jeff (NWLL president) is expecting to hear from district representatives within a day and the Board will be meeting again on Wednesday 5/6 to make a decision about the 2020 Little League season. Little League International recently canceled the world series and region tournaments; however, district tournaments are allowed..
● There is currently no port-o-let. Dawn will call when one is needed.†
● Randy is willing to help finish up the baseball field.
● Randy asked about holding one-on-one practices.†
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m..
The next meeting will† be on Monday, May 18 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.