Virtual Zoom Meeting
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier, Brenna Sturtevant
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:11 p.m.
● Paula provided an update on the reading incentive, which is currently ongoing.
○ The Haston Library and
○ The end of the reading incentive and prize drawing is still unknown,
but will hopefully occur as part of the modified Memorial Day activities in
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from April 20. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
● Brenna talked about Memorial Day celebration plans for this year. Several events are planned. They will likely be broadcast on Facebook on Memorial Day. A schedule of events will be published, and include:
○ Hilary Britch will be the virtual guest speaker
○ Brenna will reach out to MVU for a Bugler to play taps.
○ The Scouts plan to make and place wreaths.
○ Jason McConnell will be asked to say a prayer.†
○ Scholarship recipients will be announced.†
○ Reading incentive winners will be announced.
Franklin Rec is planning a virtual run/walk/scavenger hunt for the summer. Tentative dates are June 22 through August 3. The Board discussed registrations, ways to track participants, t-shirts and more.†
Bridgette and Paula shared about the most recent Northwest Little League (NWLL) meeting. Jeff (NWLL president) is expecting to hear from district representatives within a day and the Board will be meeting again on Wednesday 5/6 to make a decision about the 2020 Little League season. Little League International recently canceled the world series and region tournaments; however, district tournaments are allowed.
● There is currently no port-o-let. Dawn will call when one is needed.†
● Randy is willing to help finish up the baseball field.
● Randy asked about holding one-on-one practices.†
The meeting was adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
The next meeting will be on Monday, May 18 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.