Franklin Recreation Meeting May 26, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier, Lissy Bachelder
Stephanie called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
● Reading Incentive: The drawing was held on Memorial Day and the winners have been notified.†
● The library currently does not have any summer events planned, but is working on planning a reading incentive that will complement Franklin Recís I Spy Summer Adventure.
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Stacy motioned to approve the meeting minutes from May 18. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
● There was a bill for Reading Incentive prizes for the fishing gear prize that Franklin Rec donated.† The total was $40.29†
○ Bridget made a motion to allow Bridgette Favreau to sign approval for the Board.†
○ Bridgette will go to the Town Clerkís office to approve the warrant.†
● MyRec sent an invoice for $2795. That will be paid in July.†
Memorial Day Recap
● The Memorial Day events were well received. People were pleased that Franklin had events. The scouts were happy to participate.†
● The I Spy Summer Adventure Run/Walk/Bike/Hike will begin on June 22 and end on July 31.
● Grizzly Graphix designed a shirt for the event.
○ The shirt will cost $10.
○ The shirt will be able to be ordered on the Franklin Rec website during event registration.
○ The deadline for ordering a shirt will be June 7.
● Bridgette created a form where participants can log miles traveled and add photos.
● During this event, there will be weekly reminders to log your miles as well as posts about what participants will be searching for each week.†
● Feedback from players/families regarding the email sent out about the potential summer season was discussed. So far, seven players and two coaches have dropped out.†
● Paula spoke about the safety plan she drafted for NWLL. There are several restrictions that will need to be enforced.† Additionally, a district representative will need to attend all games to make sure that rules are being enforced and signs outlining all the rules will need to be placed around the fields.†
● The Town asks that we follow CDC guidelines with any activities on the fields this summer.†
● The NWLL board has a meeting on June 1 to make a decision.†
○ Franklin Rec feels that with all the safety parameters, a season may not be feasible.†
○ Bridgette and Paula will share this message at the NWLL meeting.†
● Refunds will be issued after NWLL makes its final decision about the 2020 season.
○ The Rec Board discussed offering a credit instead of a refund.†
● Bridget will work on adding a pulley to the flagpole.
● Randy has been working on the fields.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:18 p.m.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, June 2 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.