Franklin Recreation Meeting May 18, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier, Brenna Sturtevant, Annie Wagner
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m.
● Stacy has been looking into the MLB grant. The first step is to estimate the cost of putting a fence around all the fields.
● Reading Incentive:
○ All Franklin Central School students have had their name entered once for each prize (bike and fishing gear).
○ Children who have completed bingo sheets have received additional entries.
○ The prize drawing will be taped in front of Haston Library on Memorial Day and shared on social media.
○ Winners will be contacted following the drawing.
○ Paula purchased a fishing gear prize for Franklin Rec to donate. The total is $42 and the expense has been approved by all the Board members. Paula will submit the receipt to the town.
● Paula will be attending the Library Trustee meeting on Thursday 5/21.
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Stacy motioned to approve the meeting minutes from May 4. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
● Brenna posted information about Memorial Day events earlier in the day.
● She has spoken with the Franklin Fire Chief Mike Lawyer to help plan the parade route.
○ The parade will be vehicles only and will stay on main roads traveling around Lake Carmi; line up will begin at 10:15.
● Color Guard, wreath laying, the prayer and playing of Taps will be recorded and posted on social media.
● Hillary Britch is recording a speech that will be posted on social media.
● The I Spy Summer Adventure Run/Walk/Bike/Hike will begin on June 22 and end on July 31.
● Participants will be able to register on the Franklin Rec website and purchase a shirt, if desired. Other than the cost of the optional shirt, participation will be free.
● Participants will be asked to log their miles and “I Spy” results. More details will be provided with registration.
● “I Spy” categories will change each week. Initial categories include:
○ Something red
○ Something yellow
○ Butterfly or hummingbird
○ A princess
Little League/Field Prep
Bridgette, Paula and Annie are the Franklin Reps on the NWLL board and shared the latest information.
● Paula is the safety officer and has been asked to come up with a safety plan for the possible 2020 season. She shared some of her concerns for safety including, but not limited to:
○ Number of kids in dugout
○ Cleaning shared equipment
○ Mask use
○ Games being played on both the softball and baseball field at the same time
● Swanton Rec has shared their concerns about the possible 2020 season with Franklin Rec.
● Franklin Rec will send an email to players stating the following:
○ All t-ball and farm players will not be having a season and should expect a refund.
○ If a player registered for a Major or Minor team will not be playing, please let Franklin Rec know.
○ Confirmation that coaches are still willing to coach.
● Player names need to be registered with LL by June 1 for insurance purposes.
● Randy sent a message and has been working on the fields.
● A new flag is needed at the fields.
● Dawn will do inventory this week.
● Bridget will email Selectboard to make sure there are no issues or restrictions with having LL games on the field later in the summer.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:13 p.m.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom.