Franklin Recreation Meeting June 29, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:08 p.m..
● All of the Dorothy’s List books have arrived at the library.
● Josh will be providing information about the summer reading program on the website
● Deb Grennon has been hosting an online story time.
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from June 18. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● The following warrants were approved:
○ $105 to Grizzly Graphix for I Spy Summer Adventure t-shirts
○ $19.99 for weed spray
○ $127.33 for insurance
○ $44.93 to Stacy Godin for Winter Carnival supplies
○ $210 to Jim Marsha for refereeing basketball games
○ $2028.74 and $3563.67 for the Recreation Coordinator Salary
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
*Board Entered Executive Session*
The Recreation Coordinator position was discussed. Stephanie motioned to change the Recreation Coordinator position from a salaried position to an hourly position at a rate of $13 per hour; not to exceed an annual salary of $7000. Hours worked must be logged and itemized on a timecard. The time card must be reviewed and approved by a Board member prior to payment. This process will be re-evaluated at the end of July. Bridgette Favreau seconded. The motion passed.
*Executive Session Ended*
Summer Meeting Dates
The following meeting dates were selected, and will be held at Paula Tremblay’s house:
● July 6 @ 7:30pm
● July 27 @ 7pm
● August 10 @ 7pm
● The I Spy Summer Adventure Run/Walk/Bike/Hike began on June 22
● Regular posts on Facebook will occur. An event will be created.
● Weekly I Spy Themes:
○ 6/22: Mailboxes
○ 6/27: Flags
○ 7/6: Flowers
○ 7/13: Birds
○ 7/20: Butterfly
○ 7/27: Princesses
● The 2020 NWLL season was discussed.
○ The teams have been finalized and players will be notified this week.
○ Reimbursements will be finalized this week.
○ All money collected from Franklin kids who are playing will go to NWLL.
○ LL insurance has already been paid, charter fees have not. Franklin may have a portion of the charter fees to pay.
○ Use of the Franklin fields for the LL season was discussed. All rules set by the CDC and the Franklin Selectboard will need to be enforced.
● The Field Status was discussed:
○ The baseball field needs updating. Randy Bombard will finish it for NWLL games.
○ The softball field is in good shape .
○ No outfield fence will be needed for the LL season.
○ The Flag still needs to be replaced. Curtis Ploof has volunteered to help install it.
○ Paula has a sign for the playground.
○ A decision about hanging banners of past sponsors will be made after the game schedule is finalized.
Decisions about a 2020 soccer season will be made in August.
● The NOFA pizza oven has canceled all summer engagements.
● Further discussion about this event will take place in late July.
● Stacy motioned to purchase an inflatable movie screen, spending up to $250. Paula seconded. The motion passed.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:14 p.m..
The next meeting will be on Monday, July 6 at 7:30 p.m. at Paula Tremblay’s House.