Franklin Recreation Meeting June 17, 2019 (draft)
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay, Polly Gadbois
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m..
● The new librarian, Josh Worman, starts on June 18.
● Paula will be attending the LCCA meeting on Saturday with the take one, leave one library to discuss where it will be located.
● Polly suggested that Franklin Rec sponsor a yard sale/auction/food sale next summer.
● Bridgette spoke with Linda at Swanton Rec and she is willing to give advice on how to improve the baseball and softball fields.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from June 10. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
Treasurer’s Report (added to agenda)
The following bills have been received:
● $112.47 for Chase Around the Lake yard signs
● $258.50 for softball infield masks ($120 has been collected from families who purchased masks for themselves)
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● Franklin Rec was not awarded the RiseVt minigrant because last year’s money has not yet been spent.
● The location of the playground equipment needs to be marked out for installation.
● Wood chips will be arriving on June 25.
● As of June 17, 18 teams, each team consisting of 1-4 people have signed up, for a total of 34 participants
● The event will continue to be shared in hopes increasing participation.
● A list of items needed was compiled.
● Setup and Cleanup were discussed.
● Event operations, such as event timing, water stations, volunteers, and prizes were discussed.
Paint and Sip
June 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the Felco room. As of June 17, 6 people have signed up. The event needs a minimum of 10 participants.
Rec Director Review and Description Update
● The Rec Director title was changed to Recreation Coordinator to reflect the expected workload and salary changes associated with the new website.
● The contract and job description were updated to reflect the new job title, workload and salary.
● Bridget made motioned to approve the updated title, contract, and job description. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
ByLaw Update and Review
The ByLaws were updated to reflect the following:
● Rec Director to Rec Coordinator
● Community Coordinator (Board member position) to Fundraising Liaison
Stacy made a motion to approve these changes. Bridgette sconded. The motion passed. A copy of the updated ByLaws will be available for review at the Town Clerk’s office.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:07 p.m..
The next meeting will be on Monday, June 24 at 7:15 p.m. at the FELCO room.
The following are summer meeting dates for the Rec Board. Meetings will be held at the FELCO room:
● June 24 - 7:15 p.m.
● July 15 - 7:15 p.m.
● August 5 - 7:15 p.m.
● August 26 - 7:00 p.m.