Franklin Recreation Meeting June 15, 2018
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier
Bridget called the meeting to order at 4:42 p.m..
● The NWLL fundraiser from Hallidays Barn should be delivered to NWLL soon. Once the items have been sorted, they will be handed out to the families that participated.†
● Bridgette sent an end of year email to the coaches with instructions about returning their equipment.
● The All Stars boys 9-11 team can use the old Franklin boys majors team jerseys for their games until their new uniforms arrive.†
● Some of the sponsor plaques still to be delivered.†
● The Port-o-let was paid for and the second one has been removed from the field.†
Bridget spoke with the Town Clerk and asked what happens to budgeted money that is not used at the end of the fiscal year. The Town Clerk suggested that Franklin Recreation needs a policy to address this question.
Discussion about the request for funding for the 2018 Babe Ruth baseball team. The Swanton Recreation Board minutes from May 21 address why the team isnít getting all of the funding from Swanton Recreation as they have in previous years.†
The Babe Ruth baseball league is for 13-16 year old baseball players. This year there are 13 boys on the team. The estimated cost as communicated to Franklin Recreation via email from team leadership are $975, excluding uniforms, field maintenance and equipment. Discussion about how to help out with the limited and very structured budget that Franklin Recreation has.†
The Senior softball league is for 13-16 year old softball players and is chartered through NWLL and coached by Mr. Hartman. Discussion about how this team is funded. Franklin Recreation thinks it is funded by the players and coaches. In the future, if Franklin Recreation supports the baseball program at this level, it would also like to support the softball program. This will be further discussed at future meetings during budget planning.
Bridget made a motion that Franklin Recreation donate $85 toward the uniform costs, to be paid directly to Grizzly Graphix. Roy Sargent will be notified that this is a one time donation.† Bridgette seconded and the motion passed.†
The meeting was adjourned at 5:33 p.m..†
The next meeting will† be on Monday, June 18 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin Central School.