Franklin Recreation Meeting July 6, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Stacy motioned to approve the meeting minutes from June 29. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
● $130 will be deposited. This was earned at the One Town at a Time movie event in February.
● Little League refunds are being finalized. All families with players who signed up and are not playing this summer will receive a refund check from the Town.
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
Recreation Coordinator Review
● The recreation coordinator contract was reviewed, discussed, updated and signed.
● The ByLaws were reviewed and updated. Article IX was updated. An updated copy will be available for review at the Town Clerk’s Office until the next Franklin Recreation meeting.
Board Member Positions
● Franklin Recreation Board Members were elected to the following positions:
○ Chair: Bridget Thompson
○ Vice Chair: Stephanie Ho
○ Treasurer: Paula Tremblay
○ Secretary: Bridgette Favreau
○ Fundraising Liaison: Stacy Godin
● Bridgette Favreau may be resigning at the end of August.
● Guidelines for all athletic teams using the Franklin fields during the summer were discussed.
● Paula is writing the NWLL safety plan and will add a list of Franklin guidelines to be shared with all teams that will be using the fields in Franklin.
● Dawn is responsible for scheduling games and practices in Franklin and will ensure that all practices/games are appropriately spaced to ensure that only one team will be utilizing the fields at a time.
Franklin Welcome Sign
● The Selectboard is considering updating the Welcome to Franklin sign.
● I Spy Summer adventure reminders need to be sent via Facebook and email. Reminders should be shared on Sundays and Thursdays.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:40 p.m.
The next meeting will be on Monday, July 27 at 7:30 p.m. at Paula Tremblay’s House.