Franklin Recreation Meeting July 27, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dawn Fournier
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
● Stacy is looking into a possible grant opportunity, that is due September 15.
● The Farm to School program would like to work more closely with the Rec Department.
● The library is now open with its regular hours. There are occupancy limits. Curbside pickup is still available.
● The Library is planning a few fundraisers:
○ Birthday Calendars
○ Food Sale
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from July 6. Paula seconded. The motion passed.
● Little League refund amounts were reviewed and refund checks will be issued soon.†
● The following bills were approved:
○ $2878.09 for Little League refunds, field paint, and lime†
○ $259.99 for the inflatable screen
○ $127.33 for insurance
○ $2795 for the MyRec website
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.†
● Bridget motioned to approve the ByLaws. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.††
● The Franklin Recreation Department is looking for a new Recreation Coordinator. Dawn will continue to work until a new coordinator is appointed.
● The job opening will be posted this week and remain posted until the end of August.
● Bridget will approve the Rec Coordinator time sheets.††
Board Member Letter of Interest
● Bridgette submitted a letter of resignation, effective after the August 10 meeting.††
● Lissy Bachelder submitted a letter of interest to join the Board. The Rec Board feels that Lissy would be a valuable member of the Franklin Rec Department.
Summer Virtual Run
● The virtual run will end on July 31.†
● Participation has been consistent.†
Little League/Field Status
● The baseball field is finished and ready for games.
● The season is going well, kids arenít using the dugouts and spectators are social distancing.
● A bill for the shirts for the kids playing at the minors level has not been received.
● Guidance for if/when there can be a soccer season is needed. In the meantime, games will be scheduled.†
● Franklin Rec will host a Movie On The Green on Friday, August 28 at 8:00 p.m.
● Refreshments will be provided by the Farm to School program.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:38 p.m.
The next meeting will be on Monday, August 10 at 7:00 p.m. at Paula Tremblayís House.