Franklin Recreation Meeting January 6, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay, Dave Bennion
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:21 p.m.
● The Franklin Historical Society and Haston Library are partnering to host an event in February and are wondering if the Recreation Department would like to provide refreshments? Paula suggested a cake with the town emblem. The event is a movie made by a man who visited all the towns in VT during a summer as part of the 251 Club.†
● Loryn Kempton asked about a weekly open gym for kids. The Rec Board members are unable to commit to a weekly event such as that, but would help with advertising. This may be able to be run like tumble time and playgroup. Stephanie will suggest that Loryn talk to Jen Dewing.†
● A copy of the Town of Franklin Conflict of Interest and Ethical Conduct Policy was provided to the Rec Board.†
● There will be a history program this month in the Felco Room: Jason Barney will be presenting about a historical book he wrote.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from December 16. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● The following expenses were approved by the Board:
○ $1738.92 for Recreation Coordinator salary.
● The 2021 budget was submitted in December.
Stephanie motioned to approve this report. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.†
Town Report Narrative
The narrative was reviewed and updated.†
Winter Carnival: February 1, 2:00 p.m.
● Master Shedrick has offered to do a TaeKwonDo demonstration.†
● A list of events to offer was generated and includes:
○ Duct Tape Derby
○ Snow Castle Making and Painting
○ Snowshoe Race
○ Silent auction and Door Prizes
○ Chilli Cookoff and Dinner
● Dawn is working on silent auction
● Bridgette will spend up to$50 on door prizes.
● Three parents have volunteered to co-coach the Itty Bitty/PreK team.
● All other teams have begun practicing.
● Discussion about refs. The Board will pay refs for 5/6 games $20/game or $50 if they do both games one evening.††
● The balls ordered at Kevin Smithís still need to be picked up.
● The Rec Board has been asked to help advertise the NWLL pitching clinics.†
● The NWLL Board is meeting next week.†
● NWLL is still waiting for the insurance certificate.†
● Bridget will set up online sign ups.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:38 p.m.