Franklin Recreation Meeting January 28, 2019 (draft)
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier, Paula Tremblay
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m..
● Paula has invited Ben Magnant to attend a meeting and discuss being a youth advisor.
Community members have expressed
an interest in open gym times for teens.†
There is nothing new to share until the trustees meet again.
Rec Director Updates
Dawn has asked Joyce to cancel all athletic events in Franklin if other local towns/school are cancelling their athletic events due to weather.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from January 15. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● Nothing to report this week.
● Stacy has receipt for craft supplies for the carnival to submit.
● Bridget hasnít called Drummac.
Winter Carnival: Saturday, February 2 from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m..
● No one has signed up for the chilli/chowder cook-off yet. Participants signed up late last year too.
● A list of supplies needed was created:
○ Stephanie will do Costco Run on Friday.
○ Bridgette will check what is in the Franklin Rec stock for paper goods.
○ Bridget will make signs for events.
Tents needed for check in table
Bridgette will buy prizes for the raffle.
Outside events were discussed:
● Snowshoeing will be led by Marilyn Hackett
○ She has library snowshoes ready.
○ Bridget will ask to use the school snowshoes.
○ Need a tent and a bench (in school basement).
● Street Hockey will be led by Jon Godin
○ Bridget will see if they can play on the outside basketball court.
○ Bridget has pucks.
○ Dawn will see if we can borrow nets from MAHA.
○ Bridget will see if we can use the schoolís sleds.
● Duct Tape Derby will be hosted by Bridget
○ Need timer and flagger.
○ Stephanie will make medals for winners out of patterned duct tape.
Inside activities were discussed:
● Board games and crafts in in the Library
○ Rec members will bring games.
○ Stacy has planned craft.
● Zumba led by Maureen Sodaro from 3:30-4:00
● TaeKwonDo led by Master Snyder from 4:00-5:00
● Lawn games will be set up in the gym during dinner.
○ Bridgette will bring games.
● Silent Auction in the Lobby
○ Dawn will make Bid Sheets
○ Winners announced at 6:00.
● Check In Table
○ All people checking in will get a raffle ticket† and entered to win door prizes.
○ Bridget has waivers, pens and clipboards.
○ Donation jar can be placed at check in table.
○ Rec members with either make a soup or a dessert.
○ Rolls and butter will be purchased at Costco.
○ Dawn will get a gift certificate for the cook-off winner.
● Popcorn will be provided by the Parent Child Center (Formerly BBF)
○ Jen Dewing and Nancy Wilson
● Sound system will need to be set up
○ Bridget will ask Nancy for help.
● Pickleball Demo will be led by Donna Blouin at the Town Hall from 3:30-5:00.
Rec members will arrive at school at noon to begin setup.
Other Programming: †††
A paint and sip will be planned for a Friday night in March.
● Thursdays from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m..
● Donna Blouin is coordinating all sign ups.†
● Going well.
● Bridget will invite Donna to the next meeting to share more.
● Fridays 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., through February 15.
● More discussion about offering an activity for children.
● Pictures are being rescheduled on Friday, February 8. Dawn will confirm with school and email coaches.
● Registration forms were sent home and are due on February 22.
● Look into the NorthFace Explore Fund† and begin preparing to submit for next year.
● Find out which playground company the school is using.
Thank You Notes
To be completed at a later date.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:36 p.m..†
The next meeting will† be on Tuesday, February 12 at 7:00 p.m..