Franklin Recreation Meeting January 20, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay
Stephanie called the meeting to order at 7:12 p.m.
● Paula is interested in joining the Board if there is still a position open in March.
● The Jewett’s have a Christmas tree they’d like to donate to the town next year.
● The town tree will undecorated and removed after the carnival.
● The library has snowshoes that can be used for the winter carnival if needed.
● The reading incentive will start in March and end on Memorial Day. There will be two prizes drawn on Memorial Day:
○ Bike and helmet
○ Fishing gear
● Josh is working on the 2020 summer programming.
● The library is working with the Historical Society on the 251 club movie.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from January 6. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
Winter Carnival: February 1, 2:00 p.m.
Details about the winter carnival were discussed, including:
● Volunteers from NHS
● Chili-chowder cookoff
○ No registrations yet
○ Supplies and food needed
● Door prizes
● Additional supplies needed
● Events and coordinators
● Waivers and sign in sheet
● Silent auction
● Discussion about first 5/6 game
● Discussion about referees
● New 27.5” balls are being used and the coaches are happy to have them
● Game balls in supply closet
● Pictures on Thursday
● Insurance is all set for the season.
● There will be a coaches clinic (presented by Jack Legett) in the Burlington area on March 7. NWLL is hoping coaches will attend.
● Registrations will be open on Friday 1/24 and close on 2/21.
● Evaluations will tentatively be on 3/15 and 3/22. Dates need to be confirmed.
● NWLL coaches meeting will be on 3/24.
● Pitching clinics are ongoing. They could use more help with Softball pitching.
● Bridgette made a motion to change the LL fees to $35 for tball and $45 for all other levels. Family discount to be determined in the future. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● No updates.
The next meeting will be on Monday, February 3 at 7:00 p.m. at the Franklin Central School.