Franklin Recreation Meeting February 3, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dave Benion, Annie Wagner
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:09 p.m..
● Dave came to discuss the One Town at a Time movie that will be shown on Feb 22 at 6:00pm. at the Town Hall. The Franklin Historical Society, Haston Library and Franklin Rec will co-host this event.
○ He shared the program for this event
○ The Rec Board will be providing refreshments with help from the Library Trustees. Paula suggested a VT shaped cake.
○ Dave is hoping 100 people will attend.
Programming (moved up in Agenda)
Winter Carnival Recap: February 1, 2:00 p.m.
● Approximately 140 people attended
● Duct Tape Derby
○ Approximately 22 sleds were entered
○ Suggest participants wear helmets next year
● The snowshoe race was fun and in a good location
● Chilli/Chowder Cook-off
○ Eight entries
○ Announce the number of the winning chilli as well as the name of the winner
○ $34 received in donations
○ A suggestion was made to put the donation jar in a more visible location
● The Silent Auction raised $416.
● A quilting class will be offered on Feb. 12, 19, and 26 from 2:00-4:00
○ Register by Feb. 8
○ Free to attend, bring your own material
○ Franklin Rec can help with advertising and online registration
● The library will be hosting a book club for the next crossroads after school session
● The reading incentive program will begin in March
● There is an opening on the Trustee board
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from January 14. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
● Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from January 20. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● The following expenses were approved:
○ $587.25 to Grizzly Graphics for basketball uniform
○ $67.00 to Grizzly Graphics for thank you gifts for Randy and Tommy
● Tax paperwork was received and handed out
● The Winter Carnival Silent Auction raised in $416
● There was an online payment processing error with a Little League registration which has been resolved
● Bridgette submitted a receipt for $19.73 from Walmart for Winter Carnival door prizes
Bridget motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● Erich Marn is interested in working with Franklin Rec to host an early spring Paint and Sip at Due North Vineyard. Date and details to follow.
● A tentative date of August 29 has been selected for the Community Dinner, pending availability of the NOFA pizza oven.
● Annie shared an idea for a night out for parents where attendees bring a simple weeknight meal to share along with the recipe.
● A patched referee has been secured for the two remaining 5/6 home games.
● Tuesday’s 5/6 games will start 15 minutes later.
● Pictures have been rescheduled for the K/1 team that was unable to attend the original picture date.
● Registrations are open
● Four people have registered
● Pitching Clinics are going well
○ Randy has been helping with softball for pitching clinics
○ There will likely be more clinics offered in March
● There will be a coaches clinic (presented by Jack Legett) in the Burlington area on March 7
● Evaluations will be on 3/15 and 3/22 at MVU
● NWLL coaches meeting will be on 3/24
● No updates
The Board discussed and reviewed the Recreation Coordinator contract. A meeting with the Recreation Coordinator will be scheduled.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:38 p.m..
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, February 18 at 7:00 p.m. in the Dining Room at the Franklin Homestead.