Franklin Recreation Meeting February 18, 2020
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Dave Bennion
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:08 p.m.
Programming (moved up in Agenda)
One Town At A Time Movie: February 22, 6:00 p.m.
● Discussion about refreshment needs for this event.†
● Franklin Rec will share this event on Facebook.
● The library website is up to date with all library events. Upcoming events include:
○ 2/20 1:30 p.m. book discussion: Dreaming in Cuban
○ 2/25 2:00 p.m. kids movie: Dora and the Lost City of Gold
○ 2/27 11:00 a.m. fairy houses with Ms. Virginia
○ 2/26 2:00-4:00 p.m. free quilting class
● The library is hoping that the Rec Department will help advertise their events
● The library will be making bags for the Town Clerk to hand out to new residents and would like to include flyers for local organizations, including Franklin Recreation .
Approve Meeting Minutes
● Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from February 3. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● The following expenses were approved:
○ $19.73 to Bridgette Favreau for winter carnival door prizes
○ $127.33 for insurance
○ Income: $1246.50
○ Expenses: $847.25; referees have not yet been paid.
Bridget motioned to approve this report. Stephanie seconded. The motion passed.
Due North Paint and Sip: Saturday March 28 10:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m.†
● Details to be finalized at next meeting
○ Bridget to follow up with Courtney Vining.
○ Stephanie to follow up with Due North
One Town At A Time Movie: see above
● Franklin Rec has been asked by the Parent-Child Center liaison to help with a Town Easter Egg Hunt and agreed. This will be further discussed at the next meeting.†
● The 2019 sponsorship letter was reviewed.†
● Bridget made a motion to change the sponsorship program to include Level 1, which consists of a field banner and company name on a teamís uniform, at a cost of $300; or Level 2, which consists of either a field banner or a company name on a teamís uniform, at the cost of $200. Bridgette seconded the motion. The motion passed.†††
● The 2020 sponsorship letter will be updated to include this change.†
● All team seasons are finished†
● Referees still need to be paid†
● Registrations are open
● The Strike Zone is offering a free umpiring clinic, starting in February.† Information can be found on the Northwest Little League (NWLL) Facebook page. Discussion about Franklin Rec paying for the umpiring patch in return for umpiring games.
● Evaluations will be held at MVU as follows:
○ 3/15 3:00-4:30 p.m. boys minors
○ 3/15 4:30-6:00 p.m. boys majors
○ 3/22 3:00-4:30 p.m. girls minors
○ 3/22 4:30-6:00 p.m. girls majors
○ Any Franklin player must attend the evaluations in order to be considered to be pulled up to the next level. Players will only be pulled up to the next level if a higher level team does not have enough players.††
● A NWLL coaches meeting will be on 3/24 at 6:00 p.m. at the Swanton School.
● A Franklin coaches meeting will follow at a later date.†
● NWLL will host a pitch/hit/run event during the first weekend in May. This will help NWLL raise funds to host the girls minors All-Stars tournament, which has previously been funded† by Swanton Rec.†
● Franklin Rec is hoping to host a pre-season clinic for major and minor league players as has been done that last 3 years. Details to be confirmed and shared in the near future.†
● Franklin Rec was asked if a child from Canada could play on the Franklin teams; Little League does not allow for this to be possible.†
● The baseball field still needs work done prior to the season starting.
Town Meeting Preparation
Bridget will make a presentation
The Board discussed the meeting held with the Recreation Coordinator. Follow up meetings will occur.†
The meeting was adjourned at 9:22 p.m.