Franklin Recreation Meeting December 17, 2018 (draft)
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:19 p.m..
Rec Director Updates
Still working on setting up Lake Monster Fundraiser.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridgette motioned to approve the meeting minutes from December 3. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● Bridget spoke to Drummac about the port-o-let. It was supposed to be removed at the end of October, but is still there and they are still sending bills.They said they’d put our account on hold.
● Soccer Referees: $180
○ Sarah and Tommy Gates $75
○ Corey $105
● Insurance: $81
● Town Report and Budget are due by end of month. See below.
○ Selectboard budget review meeting: 12/19 - 6:45pm - Felco Room
● Quote from MyRec.com: $2895 per year. Could go live on July 1, 2019.
Town Report and Budget
The 2019 budget was reviewed. Actuals to date were checked and anticipated costs for the rest of the 2019 fiscal year were entered. Discussion about events to use budgeted money (such as bus trips) were discussed. The budget for the 2020 fiscal year was created. The total budget did not change, however some of the Recreation Director salary was reallocated to the website category to enable the use of MyRec.com in the upcoming year. The MyRec.com service should simplify the recreation director salary and streamline bookkeeping and reporting duties.
● Thursdays from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., starting in January.
● Donna Blouin has suggested that people sign up to eliminate too many people and too little playing time. Discussion on how to coordinate sign ups.
● Selectboard has approved this activity at the Town Hall. Bridget will follow up for guidelines on which tape to use to mark out court.
● Bridgette will purchase the equipment. ($400 budget)
● Stacy will advertise on Facebook that Pickleball is coming soon.
● Fridays 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., January 11 - February 15, excluding January 18.
● School has approved use.
● Stacy will advertise on Facebook.
Cross Country Skiing:
● Skis have been located, boots still need to be located.
● Jes will contact Franklin Recreation when ready to mark out trail.
● Dawn will email potential referees for home games.
● Scheduling of January practices will go through Dawn to simplify communication with school.
● Shirts are in and will be delivered to coaches soon.
● Pictures with Cold Hollow Photography on January 23. Coaches have been notified of their picture time. .
● Referees paid (see Treasurer’s Report).
● No change.
Little League (added to agenda):
● Registration will begin in January.
● There is an option to Charter early, which should help teams begin practicing sooner.
● There will be a boys pitching clinic beginning in January.
Polar Express and Lighted Parade Recap: Friday, December 14, 5:00 p.m.
● 190 people attended the Polar Express. 67 people who signed up didn’t show up. An extra wagon was added for several of the “rides” but wasn’t needed due to the people who didn’t show up.
● 23 vehicles came for the parade. One had a light malfunction in the parking lot, so there were 22 vehicles in the parade.
● Tim Magnant suggested putting up signs around town to let traffic know that there will be tractors driving around.
● Pictures needed to be posted.
● $188.85 was collected in donations.
● There were plenty of volunteers.
● Using the bus for the book giveaway improved flow in the lobby, but was hard because there was only one entrance/exit on the bus.
● The location of the bus confused participants, as many tried to get their book before their ride.
● The book selection was similar to last year.
● Overall feedback has been positive.
Winter Carnival: Saturday, February 2 from 2:00 - 6:00 p.m..
● School has approved.
● Bridget to work on flyer.
● Further discussion at next meeting.
Postponed until the next meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:09 p.m..
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, January 15, at 6:00 p.m..