Franklin Recreation Meeting August 5, 2019
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Dawn Fournier
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m..
● Elections for the Northwest Little League (NWLL) Representatives will be in September. There are two spots available in Franklin. Look for information from NWLL about the elections in the next week.
● The next Regional Rec Meeting (coordinated by RiseVt) will be on September 25 in Swanton at 5:30 p.m..
Approve Meeting Minutes
Bridget motioned to approve the meeting minutes from July 15. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● There is approximately $5000 left in the general fund after the playground purchase.
● A profit of $207 was made from the Chase Around the Lake Triathlon. Bridget made motion to split profits 50/50 with the LCCA. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
● Wright’s Excavating donated $500 to Franklin Recreation for the Chase Around the Lake.
Bridget motioned to approve this report. Stacy seconded. The motion passed.
Bridget motioned to approve the ByLaws. Bridgette seconded. The motion passed.
Recreation Coordinator Contract
Dawn will go to the Town Clerk’s office and sign the 2020 contract.
The website is up and running. People have been using it to sign up for soccer. There will be one more training session, which will be scheduled for after soccer registration closes.
Fundraising (Franklin Night at the Lake Monsters)
Franklin Night at the Lake Monsters was hot but fun. The check from the Lake Monster’s is due soon. Discussion about selling online next year.
The playground has been installed but the ground cover (wood chips) still needs to be put into place.
Franklin Rec has received quotes for clay. Decisions about where to get the clay and how much to purchase will be made at the next meeting. Bridgette will ask Linda if she can look at the fields this weekend.
Community Dinner: The dinner will be on August 31. Discussion about renting bounce house from Joey the Clown. Need to confirm.
Running Club: Participation has varied all season, but it will continue next year.
Adult Softball: Participation has been low. Will go back to Thursdays next summer.
Clinics: Discussion about a soccer preseason for the 5/6 team and a basketball clinic in November.
Fall Programming Ideas:
● Fall Paint and Sip for kids as a fundraiser for Brady.
● Vendor Fair in November.
● Paint and Sip or Wine run at Due North.
Eighteen participants have been signed up for soccer using the website, but no one has volunteered to coach using the website. The fields need to be prepared for soccer and an inventory of equipment needs to be completed.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:48 p.m..
The next meeting will be on Monday, August 26 at 7:00 p.m. at the FELCO room.