Franklin Recreation Meeting April 8, 2019

 

 

Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Molly McGinty, Dawn Fournier

 

Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m..

 

Public Comment

        Paula heard from a local teen who is looking for community service hours and may be willing to line the fields. Follow up: he is not available for this activity.

        Bridget has been working with MyRec in preparation for the Franklin Rec launch in July.They have been discussing domain options.

 

Library Updates

        The presentation from the VT Beekeepers association was well attended.

        Molly has been working on ideas and the calendar for summer programming.

        The library will offer family activities during April break, but not much outside of April break because spring is such a busy season.

 

 

Approve Meeting Minutes

Stacy motioned to approve the meeting minutes from March 25. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.

 

Treasurerís Report

        A warrant was signed for payroll totalling $2,898.28

        Sponsorship requests are coming in.

        There is currently $8,700 in Little League reserve funds, but equipment and shirts still need to be purchased.

 

Sponsorship/Fundraising

Sponsorship:

Sponsor requests received include:

        AM Auto (Girls Majors) - Bronze level

        A.Davis (Boys Majors) - Gold level - new banner needed

        Dianna Benoit Kittell - Bronze - new banner needed

        VT Maple Gift Shoppe (Girls Farm) - Gold level - banner needed

        Rise VT (TeeBall) - Gold level - banner needed

        Cold Hollow Photo (Boys Farm) - Custom level - banner needed - will provide plaques from team photos for sponsors

        SnapOn (Boys Minors) - Bronze level

        Laura Sherman is interested in sponsoring and is waiting for approval from Mary Kay. If approved, she will sponsor at the Gold level and would like to sponsor the girls minor team.

Bridget will reach out to businesses that have sponsored Franklin Rec in the past that have not responded.

Stephanie updated the sponsorship policy (Policy 1) to include the updated sponsorship levels.

 

Fundraising:

        CWC Drum Circles - May 10 -6:00-8:00 p.m.. Franklin Rec will be charged $300 and can keep any funds raised above that amount. The fee to participate will be $10/per person for this event. If interested is low, the event will be cancelled.Bridget will make a flyer and Stacy will make FB event.

        Lake Monster game July 20. Dawn is expecting the fundraising forms to arrive this month.

        Discussion about hosting a vendor fair in the summer.

 

Grants

        Stacy is drafting the RiseVT Amplify grant submission.

        Discussion about the VT Outdoor Recreation Economic Collaborative grant.

 

Programming

Spring Paint and Sip: Spring themed painting and LuLaRoe fundraiser. Date and location TBD.

Summer Programming: Ideas for summer activities were discussed, including:


        Running club

        Vendor fair

        Softball

        Volleyball

        Pickleball

        Triathlon


 

Athletics

Pickleball:

        A date to train rec board members still needs to be set.

Little League:

        Guidelines for team selection are being drafted

        Shirts will be ordered this week.

        Bridgette will order equipment, including, but not limited to:

        Girls majors and minors catchers equipment, girls farm catchers helmet. Boys catchers equipment will be ordered next year

        Baseball game balls

        Scorebooks

        Baseball bats (6)

        Socks

        Chalk and paint for field lining

        Boys majors equipment bag

        Field lining machine: Stacy made a motion to spend up to $450 on a new field lining machine. Bridget seconded. The motion was approved. Bridgette will select a machine work with the Town Clerk to place the order.

        New bases may be needed.

        Dawn will schedule a picture date.

        Discussion about using TeamUp. All practices (inside and outside will be listed.

 

The meeting was adjourned at 10:01 p.m..

The next meeting will be on Monday, April 22 at 7:00 p.m. in the Felco Room.