WARNING FOR ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
The legal voters of the Franklin School District and the Town of Franklin are hereby warned and notified to meet in the Franklin Central School on Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at ten o’clock in the forenoon to transact the following business:
TOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING
1. To elect a moderator for the ensuing year.
2. To received and discuss the reports of the school directors.
3. As per Title 24 section 1061 (2) we the undersigned legal voters of the Town of Franklin object to the sale/conveyance of our Franklin School Districts assets as described in the Vermont Agency of Education Articles of Agreement number 6. Article 6 states as follows; “No later than June 30, 2019 the forming Districts shall convey to the new Union District for the sum of one dollar, and subject to the encumbrances of record, all of their school related real and personal property including all land, buildings and content.”
4. To transact any other business legally authorized to be transacted; considered appropriate and necessary when met.
CLOSE TOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING AND ENTER REGULAR TOWN MEETING
5. To elect a moderator for the ensuing year.
6. To receive and discuss the reports of the town officers.
7. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of $16,000 for the operation/management of the Franklin Recreation Department?
8. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of $10,000 for water quality management for Lake Carmi in conjunction with the support of Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation?
9. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of up to $18,000 for the installation of curtains and sound system at the Town Hall to be offset by possible grant funding?
10. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of up to $2,500 for the set-up of a plow truck with a tailgate liquid sprayer?
11. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of $6,600 as the 20% required match of a Sidewalk Scoping Study grant awarded from VTrans Bike and Pedestrian Program?
12. Shall the voters of the Town of Franklin establish a reserve fund to be called the “Haston Library Reserve Fund” to be used for donations, fundraising, and grants earmarked for a specific purpose in accordance with 24 V.S.A. § 2804?
14. To see if the voters will vote an adequate sum of money to meet current expenses, deficit, and debt payment of the town, as indicated in the proposed municipal budget.
15. To elect the following town officers:
A. Town Clerk for a term of three years. (by ballot)
B. One selectboard member for a term of three years. (by ballot)
C. One selectboard member for a term of two years. (by ballot)
D. One lister for a term of three years. (by ballot)
E. One auditor for a term of three years. (by ballot)
F. A trustee of public money for a term of one year.
G. A trustee of the Haston Library Fund for a term of one year.
H. Two Haston Library trustees for three year terms.
I. A collector of delinquent taxes for a term of one year.
J. A constable for a term of one year.
K. A town agent to prosecute and defend suits in which the town is interested.
L. One or more grand jurors.
M. One representative to serve on the Franklin Homestead, Inc. Board of Directors for a term of three years.
16. To elect a person, or persons, to act as cemetery commissioner(s) to care for the cemeteries in town where there is no one responsible to act in such a capacity.
17. To see if the voters will set the date of payment of property taxes paid to the treasurer to be October 15, 2019 before close of business.
18. To see if the town will vote to publish the names of all delinquent property taxpayers and amounts due and owed to the town as of December 31, 2019.
19. To elect any town officers to fill any town office that may be vacant at this time.
20. To transact any other non-binding business thought proper when met.
Franklin Selectboard Franklin School Board
Peter Magnant Bob Berger
Yvon Dandurand Devin Bachelder
Andrew Godin Jonathan Gates
Read for record on January 24, 2019 at the Franklin School Library and is duly recorded.
ATTEST: Lisa A. Larivee, Town Clerk
PLEASE NOTE: Special accommodations will be made for all handicapped persons requesting an accommodation at least three (3) business days prior to the meeting. Please call 285-2101 for more information.