WARNING FOR ANNUAL SCHOOL DISTRICT AND TOWN MEETING
The legal voters of the Franklin School District and Town of Franklin are hereby warned and notified to meet in the Franklin Central School on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at nine o’clock in the forenoon to transact the following business:
TOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING
1. To elect a moderator for the ensuing year.
2. To receive and discuss the reports of the school directors.
3. Shall the voters of the Franklin Town School District approve the school board to expend $1,784,790.00, which is the amount the school board has determined to be necessary for the ensuing fiscal year? It is estimated that this proposed budget, if approved, will result in Education Spending of $13,440 per Equalized Pupil. This projected spending per equalized pupil is 3.87% higher than spending for the current year.
4. Will the voters of the Franklin School District authorize the School Directors to borrow money in anticipation of taxes?
5. As an advisory non-binding article: Shall the legal voters of the Franklin Town School District be presented the Franklin Northwest Supervisory Union budget for each ensuing year to be voted on separately from the Town School District budget?
6. To elect a Franklin School Director for a term of three (3) years.
7. To transact any other business legally authorized to be transacted; considered appropriate and necessary when met.
CLOSE TOWN SCHOOL DISTRICT MEETING AND ENTER REGULAR TOWN MEETING
8. To elect a moderator for the ensuing year.
9. To receive and discuss the reports of the several town officers.
10. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of $16,000 for the operation/management of the Franklin Recreation Department?
11. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of up to $40,700 as the grant match for the replacement of the Hanna Road culvert project?
12. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin appropriate a sum of up to $10,000 for water quality management for Lake Carmi in conjunction with the support of Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation?
13. Will the voters of the Town of Franklin authorize the Selectboard to borrow a sum, not to exceed $80,000 to be repaid over a term of not more than five (5) years, for the purpose of purchasing a loader?
14. To see if the voters will vote an adequate sum of money to meet current expenses, deficit, and debt payment of the town, as indicated in the proposed municipal budget?
15. To elect the following town officers:
A. One selectboard member for a term of three years. (by ballot)
B. One selectboard member for a term of two years. (by ballot)
C. One lister for a term of three years. (by ballot)
D. One auditor for a term of three years. (by ballot)
E. A trustee of public money for a term of one year.
F. A trustee of the Haston Library Fund for a term of one year.
G. Three Haston Library trustees for three year terms.
H. A collector of delinquent taxes for a term of one year.
I. A constable for a term of one year.
J. A town agent to prosecute and defend suits in which the town is interested.
K. One or more grand jurors.
L. One representative to serve on the Franklin Homestead, Inc. Board of Directors for a term of three years.
16. To elect a person, or persons, to act as cemetery commissioner(s) to care for the cemeteries in town where there is no one responsible to act in such a capacity.
17. To see if the voters will set the date of payment of property taxes paid to the treasurer to be October 15, 2018 before close of business.
18. To see if the town will vote to publish the names of all delinquent property taxpayers and amounts due and owed to the town as of December 31, 2018.
19. To elect any town officers to fill any town office that may be vacant at this time.
20. To transact any other non-binding business thought proper when met.
Franklin Selectboard Franklin School Directors
Read for record on January 25, 2018 at the Franklin School Library and is duly recorded.
Lisa A. Larivee, Town Clerk
PLEASE NOTE: Special accommodations will be made for all handicapped persons requesting an accommodation at least three (3) business days prior to the meeting. Please call 285-2101 for more information.